centre vents cd player

si p

Jun 2, 2008
Horsham
But i dont need power to the tape unit though once ive got my flashy cd player in?!

you still need to run power to that box for the screen to dispay all that info and to retain the air con controls i believe

si p

Jun 2, 2008
Horsham
Aha sweet mate im brill with a spanner but give me a PCB and ill go to cry haha.

its actually really easy. get a new loom cut it in half so you got the right end and just cables at the other then match the colours to the right places with those crimpy things. u dont need to worry about connecting up the speakers to the big unit so only a few wires. thats what i did anyway. im not steario wizz but it worked fine for me

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
yer i think its a standard 106 one, not 100% sure but i think it is. yer it was actually quite easy. it looks hard but once you got it all of it was fine. i did have to make a new loom though for mine dont no about you?

yeah had to make a new loom. my new stereo didn't have an ISO connector, so actually made it easier.

still runs power to the standard H/U as well for the heater controls.

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
its simple.

the speaker cables can plug straight from the old tape desk into the ISO adapter for the new cd player. you then pair up the new remote cable with the old remote cable by splitting the wire.

then i ran a dedicated power and ground cables back to the engine, with a fuse.
really simple to do :)

adp

Jul 10, 2008
Swansea
I just took mine out to get an idea of where everything is, do you by any chance have pics of your new wiring? Im keeping on a bit now lol.

si p

Jun 2, 2008
Horsham
I just took mine out to get an idea of where everything is, do you by any chance have pics of your new wiring? Im keeping on a bit now lol.

sorry mate i only took pics after i had done it, stupidly. lol

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
no pictures either i'm afraid. only of during the cd player install. but nothing of the wiring :( sorry mate. but it is very easy. and theres a document somewhere withthe wiring diagram for the headunit, so you know what all the wires are.

all you need are the speakers, and remote wires. and run the power and ground directly off the battery :)

(my 1000th post btw lol)

adp

Jul 10, 2008
Swansea
My mate has his done this way, totally forgot until just now! I can have a peek at the way his is done, just want to get it spot on and no buggering about later when ive got problems! Cheers guys :D

si p

Jun 2, 2008
Horsham
My mate has his done this way, totally forgot until just now! I can have a peek at the way his is done, just want to get it spot on and no buggering about later when ive got problems! Cheers guys :D

no worrys. it will be fine, im sure it is probably alot easier than you think it is

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
i know im dragging up an old thread here, but i was just wondering whether i would still be able to keep my standard HU hooked up to the speakers and a new HU aswell, the thing is ive got a xcarlink for crimbo and want to keep it, but wanted to stick a dvd headunit in the top so i can watch a few dvd's when sat with a few mates, (reason im wanting to know is due to the fact i have swapped a sub and amp for a dvd player HU)

cheers, daymo

si p

Jun 2, 2008
Horsham
it is possible to do. i was going to do something similar so my standard hu was still connected to the speakers but i was told not too as apparently it will damage them???
so i didnt want to take a chance on it. the other guys might have a better understanding on weather this will actually damage it or not