change it all around

hmsbatman

hey all im new to this forum and am lookin for some help and advice on a mega project im thinkin of doin.
i love the power of my ibiza cupra but im used to drive bmw's and just cant get used to front wheel drive again! the plan is to turn the engine around and make a rear wheel drive setup. has this been done can it be done what gear box and axles to use? any help will be welcome how ever big and small! i know this sounds a silly thing to do but i want a change and a project!

May 25, 2008
cambs
without putting the engine in the back using the same gearbox and space framing the rear like they used to in mk3 golfs alot of work though,,, twin engined 20vt ibiza mmmmm !

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
Do it

40vttinside.jpg

I know its a quick and crappy pic but couldnt resist

doctor rage

Oct 22, 2008
Co Durham
RWD cupra = spin & crash into a wall..... and then catch fire! isn't wheel base a bit on the short side for RWD? I suppose they did it with the Clio v6 but that too was a spinner when you pushed it. I like the twin engine idea better, that would kick ass! I've seen it done with a pug 306 with 2x406 v6 engines in. why not just get a Clio v6?

vngtx

its possible if you use audi 4WD gearbox and 4-motion rear axle and just blank the front drive shafts but might aswell have 4WD. would be a matter of relocation the exhaust. and a few other things. its been done to a mk2 ibiza with r32 setup.

hmsbatman

i like the sound of the r32 setup! i just wana get the power down without the front wheels bouncing around. audi a3 quottro gear box wud that fit on there?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise