Changed the offside outer tail light...

Luke S77

Nov 3, 2019
So, water ingress had totally borked my offside outer tail light and was able to get a replacement. Fitted and tested... rear light works, indicator works... but when i pull the fog light switch out... only the front fog indicator lights up and shows on the dash. when i check the fronts are on but at the rear it is only lit on the near side inner

I'm sure i remember the dash showing both fog lamp indicators lit and also the switch. Don't seem to be getting any info from the car saying there's an issue (like i did for the offside rear indicator, following the water ingress)

UnworthyBean

Dec 6, 2019
There is only one fog and one reverse light so don't worry if "both" don't light up.

Similarly, there's no indicator on the dash for the rear fog. I think the fog light on the switch itself should light up though.

Reactions: Luke S77

Luke S77

Nov 3, 2019
There is only one fog and one reverse light so don't worry if "both" don't light up.

Similarly, there's no indicator on the dash for the rear fog. I think the fog light on the switch itself should light up though.
Man, I was sure I'd seen it on the dash. And when you change the light you think you've done it wrong.

Many thanks for the info

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I thought the rear fog was on the offside cluster and reverse lamp the near side? Offside fog so folk don’t think your a motorbike and not leave enough room.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I thought the rear fog was on the offside cluster and reverse lamp the near side? Offside fog so folk don’t think your a motorbike and not leave enough room.
Assuming it's a UK spec car, then you're absolutely right(y)

Luke S77

Nov 3, 2019
i can say for sure that it was the near side inner tail lamp that was lit when i switched the rear fogs on and not lit when i switched it off

didn't test the reverse light

Luke S77

Nov 3, 2019
i can say for sure i mixing up offside and nearside too 🤦‍♀️

basically, the rear fog lamp that lit was on the right

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Just been outside(in the rain) and took this picture, not too clear in daylight but confirms my thoughts.
C236E7CF-015D-4DB6-95E2-037F8755371E.jpeg

Luke S77

Nov 3, 2019
yep. this is the side my fog lamp was on. must remember... nearside=curb offside=middle of the road

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
yep. this is the side my fog lamp was on. must remember... nearside=curb offside=middle of the road
I think now it's usually said L/H and R/H side as viewed from sitting in drivers seat, should be no mistakes then as it will be the same for LHD and RHD cars.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.