Changing an order

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
Evening all
Can anyone in the know tell me how close to an order you can modify the car spec? All i want to do is add the heated windscreen option to the leon FR? Somehow slipped through the net when i ordered the car last time i was home. Im not too optimistic with the estimated build week being next week.

Last edited:

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
I was told you couldn’t change your order once it had been accepted by the factory.

I was thinking about adding adaptive cruise, and my car isn’t being built until Week 2 but the dealer said I couldn’t add it :( Oh well!

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
I was told you couldn’t change your order once it had been accepted by the factory.

I was thinking about adding adaptive cruise, and my car isn’t being built until Week 2 but the dealer said I couldn’t add it :( Oh well!

I was told by my dealer it was 2 weeks before your confirmed build week, not when the order was accepted. Might be worth pushing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
I was told by my dealer it was 2 weeks before your confirmed build week, not when the order was accepted. Might be worth pushing them.

Oh really?

I might drop them a line tomorrow and ask about this - SEAT customer services should be calling me tomorrow too so I’ll ask them as well.

This is what the dealer told me by email:

I am sorry, but your order is confirmed into the factory, without a confirmed build week. So it is too late to add anything. We only get about a 3 to 4 week window from time of ordering to make any changes.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Evening all
Can anyone in the know tell me how close to an order you can modify the car spec? All i want to do is add the heated windscreen option to the leon FR? Somehow slipped through the net when i ordered the car last time i was home. Im not too optimistic with the estimated build week being next week.

Depends on the type of order. I've been been told a few different things.
I'm on a pch agreement and have found that I'm unable to make any changes once my order has been accepted.

I've changed my spec a couple of times and each time my order had to be cancelled and re submitted. This has resulted in going from a Dec/Jan delivery to a Mar/Apr delivery.

It may be very different on a PCP.

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
Oh really?

I might drop them a line tomorrow and ask about this - SEAT customer services should be calling me tomorrow too so I’ll ask them as well.

This is what the dealer told me by email:

There is such a disconnect between the dealers and SEAT UK it’s a joke.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hi mate

Where's the heated screen on the configurator can't seem to see it

Cheers

Last edited:

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
Im sure there was a heated windscreen on the options list for £160 when i ordered the car

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
Ill go ahead and shut up now ive looked haha! Turns out it was only an option when i was looking on the ateca! Seems odd that its not a choice. Has been standard on fords for years now! My dealers probly scratching his head ovver the email i sent earlier then.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Ill go ahead and shut up now ive looked haha! Turns out it was only an option when i was looking on the ateca! Seems odd that its not a choice. Has been standard on fords for years now! My dealers probly scratching his head ovver the email i sent earlier then.

So it is.. :)

Quite a few options that haven't made it that I was hoping for.
Heated windscreen
Chrome window trim
Beatsaudio
Puddle lights

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
So out of interest I just asked SEAT UK about changing an order, and apparently you can make changes provided the build week is still unconfirmed.

Wish my dealer had told me right first time, then I might have added on ACC and Alcantara seats! :p

Oh well I've got the main options I wanted anywaaaaaay

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Yeah seems odd to be on the ateca but not the Leon, especially as the facelift was launched to pick up the newer features from the ateca??

Ford have been doing it for years because they had a patent on it. This ran out a number of years ago and it's been slowly introduced in various forms by other manufacturers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
ITS no deal breaker just odd that it wouldnt be on the leon as their forerunning model

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
An odd question aswell but when a cars spec is changed is the order cancelled then resubmitted a thus resetting the wait time or does it simply alter the spec and keeps its place in que?

Jib

May 22, 2007
Doncaster, South Yorks
An odd question aswell but when a cars spec is changed is the order cancelled then resubmitted a thus resetting the wait time or does it simply alter the spec and keeps its place in que?

I’d be very surprised if that was the case

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield

I would hazard at guess at "it depends".

If your order is relatively new I imagine it wouldn't make any difference, but in my case where I have a confirmed build week I imagine they'll say I need to cancel the order and resubmit it!

Raheel from SEAT UK was supposed to call me back on Thursday. And didn't. Again. And he didn't call Friday either. Oh deary meeeeee.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

On pch through VW finance they have cancelled my order and resubmitted. I've had my wait time change x 2.

I was originally supposed to be getting a car at the end of my lease which was set to end back in November. I am now waiting until April next year for my order.

Best thing to do is to speak with whoever you have gone through as there seems to be very little consistency.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.