Cat change

Jovin

Feb 18, 2007
Andover
Hi All
I have a 2018 Leon ST FR ECOTSI 1.4 150 with a recurring amber engine warning light. On finding it is an emissions issue my first thought was a reset and see what happens, especially as there seemed to be no change in performance or fuel use. After a couple of weeks of shortish journeys light was on again so this time changed pre-cat oxygen sensor. Again light on after a week or so. Took it the stealer for a full diagnostic and they reckon the other sensor is ok so it's the cat. In the meantime, after another reset so the light was out, it passed it's mot but as its a recurring issue I want to get it sorted. Cant remember exact price stealer quoted but I declined their offer to fit new as they wanted something like £1300 and their parts system showed none available in the country at that time.
Has anyone else experienced a similar issue and replaced the cat and If so roughly what was the price?

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
There’s a couple on AUTODOC listed at £480-520, but they come with the pipe too, not just the cat…

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
not sure if they are the same but I have a 2014 Cupra 280 downpipe with cat sitting in my shed, if its of any interest just drop me a message

Mar 21, 2024
@Jovin does the engine light stay on also during driving? Mine lights up when I turn the ignition once but then turns off when the engine starts. I wanted to know if we may have similar issues.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members