Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on an issue I'm having with my front lights.
I've had to replace the front headlight control unit a couple of times due to light failures. The first controller failed because water got into it and damaged the circuit board. I eventually found the cause and, when I fitted the replacement unit, I used sealant around the electrical connector and the control unit aperture where the connection fits.
In short, I've sealed the unit up to prevent any water from getting in and damaging it again.
Everything seemed fine and the light has been working perfectly for a few months now. However, the daylight running light (DRL) no longer comes on. Not sure if this has just started or was like it from the beginning.
Could this be related to the control unit being sealed, or is it just a coincidence? Has anyone experienced the same issue?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on an issue I'm having with my front lights.
I've had to replace the front headlight control unit a couple of times due to light failures. The first controller failed because water got into it and damaged the circuit board. I eventually found the cause and, when I fitted the replacement unit, I used sealant around the electrical connector and the control unit aperture where the connection fits.
In short, I've sealed the unit up to prevent any water from getting in and damaging it again.
Everything seemed fine and the light has been working perfectly for a few months now. However, the daylight running light (DRL) no longer comes on. Not sure if this has just started or was like it from the beginning.
Could this be related to the control unit being sealed, or is it just a coincidence? Has anyone experienced the same issue?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks.