Charging

Nov 1, 2023
This may have already been asked so apologies. I have had my Formenter for a few months and everything was fine to start. But when I plug in to charge now, after a few minutes the charging pauses. I then have to go on to the app to restart the charge. If I forget it could be plugged in for hours and not doing anything. I have also noticed it says 100% full but instead of giving me 30 miles it only says 20 - 24 miles for a full charge. Again it used to give me 30 / 31 miles on a full charge. Anyone got any suggestions?

Many Thanks

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
This may have already been asked so apologies. I have had my Formenter for a few months and everything was fine to start. But when I plug in to charge now, after a few minutes the charging pauses. I then have to go on to the app to restart the charge. If I forget it could be plugged in for hours and not doing anything. I have also noticed it says 100% full but instead of giving me 30 miles it only says 20 - 24 miles for a full charge. Again it used to give me 30 / 31 miles on a full charge. Anyone got any suggestions?

Many Thanks
Hi Dave, I have a PHEV too. You'll find that the potential mileage shown will drop significantly in the colder weather. I don't think I've seen mine as low as 20 but its certainly been below 25 and I've gotten down to actually getting 20 miles only from a full charge depending on weather & road types/traffic etc.

As for the charging, if you have departure times set then it'll charge up to the preset amount (min is 20% I think & max is 50%, set in the infotainment) then it'll charge the rest ready for the departure times. You probably already realise that though. If it's not that then I'm not sure tbh.

Nov 1, 2023
I didn't realise the mileage would drop when the weather is cooler, so that explains that. Cheers for replying.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@Cupradave76; yes, temperature can have a significant impact on EV mileage.

There’s a guy who used to be a regular contributor on one of the Golf forums who now has a Cupra Born EV as a second family car. He recently posted that car could travel circa 190 motorway miles on a full charge during summer months but during the winter months that can reduce to 130 motorway miles (cabin heating set to low / moderate). That’s a 31.5% mileage reduction due primarily to the colder weather.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.