Chill Owners - Help Please

Pin Money

Two questions to start

1) It says it has a refrigerated glove box- how does it work? Are there controls for it? Can't say I've noticed any refrigeration tbh.

2) How do you remove the "Chill" badge? It is aesthetically challenged.

Thanks!

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
havnt seen it on the chill (or an ibiza for that matter) but im sure the skoda fabia just has a hole that lets the cold air from the aircon in to the glovebox that can be coverd with a little flap for when you dont want it refrigerated.

id imagen it would be somthing simmler.

rahul

Dec 24, 2009
Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Yea it's a heated glove box by winter and a refrigerated glove box by summer! So in winter you might end up with a KitKat smoothie, rather than a chilled one, so keep the straws handy! :p

(Just has the air conditioning running through it, so whatever the heating/cool controls are set at, that determines whether your glove box is hot or cold)

Beenz

Sep 4, 2010
Chips n ham Wiltshire
Yea it's a heated glove box by winter and a refrigerated glove box by summer! So in winter you might end up with a KitKat smoothie, rather than a chilled one, so keep the straws handy! :p

(Just has the air conditioning running through it, so whatever the heating/cool controls are set at, that determines whether your glove box is hot or cold)

At least the smoothie won't spoil anything else, as you can't fit much else in the glove box anyway if it's a big KitKat. :)

Papamidnite

Feb 28, 2011
Here
Mine had a really naff plastic/rubbery badge, which I just peeled off. It looked like a laid down egg timer with 'chill' in it. It was a hot day though, but it left no residue behind, and came off very easy. So warm it up (hairdryer etc) and peel off very carefully.(I used my credit card).
Hope this helps.

Pin Money

Mine had a really naff plastic/rubbery badge, which I just peeled off. It looked like a laid down egg timer with 'chill' in it. It was a hot day though, but it left no residue behind, and came off very easy. So warm it up (hairdryer etc) and peel off very carefully.(I used my credit card).
Hope this helps.

Yeah that's what I've got. What were they thinking?!

Safe for the tip, it has to come off asap.

andrewbabz

Feb 28, 2011
1) It says it has a refrigerated glove box- how does it work? Are there controls for it? Can't say I've noticed any refrigeration tbh.
!

isn't there a dial/knob thing on the top of the glove box that you can turn so its on or off? not quite a fridge cos its only whatever you've got coming through the climate control system but its some control to stop the air at least

rji

Dec 18, 2010
There is a plastic dial in the top of the glove box that opens and closes the glove box vent.

The air entering the glove box has not passed though the heat exchanger so it should not be heated by the cabin heater.

Even with the cabin heater blowing hot the air from the glove box vent will not have been heated and should be at the temperature of the outside air. The air entering the glove box will be cooled when the air-con is running.

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
Floss is supposed to be great for debadging cars, once you've heated with hairdryer.

I think I've heard of residue being taken off with meths? But will that damage the paint?

Pin Money

Got the badge off, literally just got the edge of it with a card and peeled it off, no residue, nothing :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.