Choosing a colour??

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Looks likely if all goes well I'll be hitting the go button on a new SC FR.

I'm not a bright colour type of guy, so Lima or Alor are out.. And I've just had a black car, so need a rest. :rolleyes: :)

So I've narrowed it down to either, Nevada White or Monsoon Grey

So just wondering what your opinions were. I think it'll end up being white, but currently a bit torn on the choice.

Not seen the grey in the metal as yet, but at a guess its similar to Platinum or a bit darker? The other issue is the Titanium pack is a bit lost.

main.php

I saw a Nevada white SC at weekend, but it wasn't very clean (which didn't help) but the flake appeared quite small so was wondering how metallic it actually looks.

main.php

Last edited:

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Monsoon Grey for me too

That colour will look awesome after a proper cleaning session polish/wax etc, it'll give a deep glossy wet look shine that colour

White is harder to keep clean and eveybody goes for white, making it common. Go grey for a bit of exclusivity :)

Last edited:

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
I've seen a couple of Monsoon Grey Leons and didn't really like 'em. Think the colour is a bit bland and doesn't really show off the car. If it looked like the pictures above (darker) I'd change my mind but it doesn't!

From the choice of the two I'd go for Nevada White, looks good with the black sunroof. Only concern I had was the white seems to hide the angles of the car. If you look at the Monsoon Grey above it the angles are much more obvious. That's why I went with the red!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I've seen a few white cars on the way home, and SEATs configurator doesn't really do it justice. I think it's difficult with a digital image to show the shadows cast in natural light that then in turn define the cars lines.

I've looked at some detailed white cars and they do look amazing when glossy and especially if they have a metallic flake like Nevada,, but like my black Cupra I kind of wonder how often I will be detailing it. But the same could be said of a dark grey I suppose.

They do look smart in white with the sunroof, (which is being ticked).

It would be good if they gave an option, for say light grey with orange mirrors and wheels ;)

main.php

@JamesSM

Jul 26, 2013
I've seen the Nevada White up close and wasn't that taken with it - didn't look very metallic to me!

Unless you're up close, I don't think you can really tell the difference between it and the solid white which is £300 cheaper.

Personally I like the Monsoon Grey (which I ultimately ordered) - the colour definitely looks better in bright sunny days than gloomy ones though!

mattsleon

Aug 21, 2013
I had the same dilemma when I ordered my Leon FR. I had my heart set on Nevada White but changed to Monsoon Grey at the last minute. My current car is also black so haven't even considered it and I'm saving red for a future car. There were numerous reasons behind my late change of heart; White is currently the fashion but that's due to change sooner rather than later. It's also hard work to keep looking good and I do feel at times it can ever so slightly cheapen a car's looks, especially if dirty.

The Monsoon Grey though does add a touch of class and sophistication and much easier to maintain and should always bring good return if reselling. There are quite a few Ibizas around me in Monsoon Grey and walked past one at dusk the other evening and it looked lovely. After I'd ordered it the dealer said that I'd made the right choice with the colour.

That said, it does look very nice in white so either way it's going to look good. I was also told by the dealer that the difference between solid White and Nevada White are quite negligible. However, I do see what you mean about the titanium pack being lost on the Grey. I was also going to go for the titanium pack but grew, very quickly, to really like the 18" Performance wheels so went for them instead and saved some money.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Sick of seeing white cars now, however having said that I think the white one with the black styling details pops more than the grey, and that rear valance is crying out for a touch of gloss.

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Just been on a bit of an 800 mile road trip. Saw 2 leons - 1 white, 1 grey.
Grey looked better for showing off the LED DRLs. White looked better "on the move" but didnt show off the cars lines very well.

Personally Id go grey, as it looks great when polished up and as the LEDs are a highlight of the car, it shows them off better.

Andy

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
No Advice on the colour mate but good to see you'll soon have a worthy replacement for the cupra.:)

It'll be my first non Cupra SEAT.

Looking forward to saving money on, tax, insurance and petrol. :)

Likely I'll be back in a few years though, intrigued by the possibility of an AWD Cupra R, if it happens [B)] We'll have to see.

Going to spend a few years saving up, but I don't think I'm slumming it too much ;)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Depends on the photography I guess, colours don't tend to translate through to the computer screen.

main.php

Finding it difficult to get a good pic of anything in Monsoon, lots of Ibiza etc, I think dealers take their photos with a Nokia camera phone from 1998 :blink:

This one's not bad I suppose.

AETV70258684_1b.jpg

Last edited:

Amigu

I chose nevada white, because it looked better to me at darker light circumstances. At normal light circumstances they both looked good. Didn't go for solid white, because it looked a bit yellowish, where the nevada white looks a bit more icy. If only there was a metallic red paint....

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Point in case with the metallic red, thought about that colour too.

SEAT's early product pic, wow thats a nice metallic red!

5.jpg

In reality, Montsant doesn't appear quite the same.

31722_1024.jpg

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
I'd go for the Grey. There's definitely more of white colored Leons running around. If you like the grey, then a touch of exclusivity (color wise) goes a long way in my book.
While waiting for the estate, I'm personally stuck between Monsoon Grey and Apollo Blue.

@Amigu - Montsant Red is metallic if I'm not mistaken? But I must agree it's a specific shade of red, and not just a "simple metallic red".
@ZBOYD - I'm guessing that on a sunny day, the real-life picture would look quite a bit different. But definitely not as cool as the CG one though, unfortunately.
But that's off-topic already. Back to grey vs. white!

Last edited:

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I chose nevada white, because it looked better to me at darker light circumstances. At normal light circumstances they both looked good. Didn't go for solid white, because it looked a bit yellowish, where the nevada white looks a bit more icy. If only there was a metallic red paint....

I went for solid white for just that reason, it doesn't have a blueish white tint :D I currently have a Mazda in crystal white pearl mica, its nice but you can't tell it's pearlescent until a few feet away.