Cimate Control - Cabin Temperature Sensors

Who. Me?

Mar 24, 2007
OK, I <may> or maynot :whistle: have a copy of a certain electronic service manual.

The black nipple between the vents, by the windscreen is G107 - Fotosensor para radiación solar (Solar irradiance sensor)

The black 'dot' between the fan speed controls is G 56 Termosensor - tablero de instrumentos (temperature sensor built in to the instrument panel)

They are both listed as components of the Climatronic system

I can't see any other cabin sensors listed (certainly none for the footwells).

Looks like the system balances the temperature based on inputs from the temperature sensor between the fan speed controls and the solar irradiance sensor between the vents, by the windscreen.

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
Thanks for that - it makes sense and is what I was thinking... However, it does beg the question - how does the system regulate the temperature for each front seat occupant if there are no sensors?

Who. Me?

Mar 24, 2007
^^^ What he said.

There is a sensor in each of the side air-vents that measures flow temperature and one more in the front bumper to measure outside air temperature.

The system must be integrating the flow temperature data on each side with the ambient cabin temperature sensor, solar sensor and possibly the exterior sensor, to come up with an approximation of what each zone's temperature is. There aren't any other sensors listed.

I'd have expected more temperature sensors in the cabin as well. At least one for each zone. But there aren't any more listed.

richmarsh

The black 'dot' between the fan speed controls is G 56 Termosensor - tablero de instrumentos (temperature sensor built in to the instrument panel)

That doesn't seem like a great place for a temperature sensor to me. It has two warm air vents just above it.

Maybe that explains my problem where it decides to blow cold air unless you set the temp really high. I've only noticed it on long journeys where it's been cold outside. If it was blowing warm air for long enough it could warm the plastic housing surrounding the sensor thereby giving it a false reading.

Rich

snapperlad

Hi, you seem to know your way around the heating system on the Leon, wifes car Leon TDI has developed a problem with heater and temperture just gets higher and higher. No control at all. Do you have any suggestions? dealer just says bring it in and we will check things out which usually means at least £300.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise