Cleaning Exhaust tips

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
jon.... i always find myself giving them a good soaking of prewash when i clean the car and just a very good rinse with the PW and they come up as good as when they were polished every time

Snark

Jan 30, 2017
Another vote for Autofinesse Mercury from me, gave it a go on my Mk1 leon exhaust tips and it came out really very well.

For bonus points the stainless steel kitchen sink got a bit of a going over at the weekend just to see how well it managed, worked pretty well on that to, with comments from the wife on how she never manages to get it to shine like that :). Its a bit more expensive than some polishes but is very thick n' creamy so you dont use much of it and it wont spill, just a dab on a microfibre cloth and away you go. The cloth looked trashed afterwards (lots of nasty black patches) but a go round in the washing machine seemed to fix that completely.

Cheers, Snark

Last edited:

johnsnowkornar

Aug 24, 2017
USA
I have an idea to build a new one.

Another vote in favor of Autofinesse Mercury from me.

Incredible guide and unmistakably Autosol and others aren't appraised and also White Diamond,

johnsnowkornar

Aug 24, 2017
USA
Best aluminum polish?

Interestingly enough I've quite recently spent the day placing 6.5's in my dash. Not 100% on the clarion but rather on the pioneer I could either have it off (carp) or both front seats/drivers seat or traveler situate. Was all in the menu so only a couple of snaps to swap forward and backward.

johnsnowkornar

Aug 24, 2017
USA
Interestingly enough I've quite recently spent the day placing 6.5's in my dash. Not 100% on the clarion but rather on the pioneer I could either have it off (carp) or both front seats/drivers seat or traveler situate. Was all in the menu so only a couple of snaps to swap forward and backward.

johnsnowkornar

Aug 24, 2017
USA
I could either have it off (carp) or both front seats/drivers seat or traveler situate. Was all in the menu so only a couple of snaps to swap forward and backward.

johnsnowkornar

Aug 24, 2017
USA
Best Headlight Restoration Kits

My tube is nearly from the 50's, yet in the event that it broke, You may require a few applications depending how terrible they are.

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
Another vote for Autofinesse Mercury from me, gave it a go on my Mk1 leon exhaust tips and it came out really very well.

For bonus points the stainless steel kitchen sink got a bit of a going over at the weekend just to see how well it managed, worked pretty well on that to, with comments from the wife on how she never manages to get it to shine like that :). Its a bit more expensive than some polishes but is very thick n' creamy so you dont use much of it and it wont spill, just a dab on a microfibre cloth and away you go. The cloth looked trashed afterwards (lots of nasty black patches) but a go round in the washing machine seemed to fix that completely.

Cheers, Snark

So you are in the wife's good books ;)

Andy

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
I know it’s an old thread but I bought and used Autosol after seeing it here. Did a really good job, and my FR twin exhaust came up well. I think the lines in the metal are the metal and will always show.

Didn’t take long to clean with a micro fibre cloth and a very small amount of Autosol

Attachments

• F45318D0-220C-42B1-81AB-670EBAB628CA.jpeg
    F45318D0-220C-42B1-81AB-670EBAB628CA.jpeg
    921.9 KB · Views: 206