Clicking Noise Under Glove Box

krak3n_7

Jul 5, 2018
Hello there! I was wondering if other people are having the same issue that I'm currently having and if there is an easy fix to it? Every time i start the ignition there is a loud clicking noise that seems to be happening under neither the glove box on the passengers side. It only happens for about 10 seconds then it stops. I had a look and it looks like the flap keeps getting stuck or its the motor I'm unsure.

If anyone could give me guidance onto what the problem might be that would be great. i would like to fix it myself and save on labour costs.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hello and welcome, I'd guess that you are correct that should/could be the recirculating cabin air flap motor. How have tried looking down into that area from the engine compartment side/top to see if any junk is sitting in the air inlet area? These flap motors do fail it seems some people take them to bits and try to clean the feedback track on the potentiometer as it tends to be that that causes most of these problems.

Driver

Oct 9, 2016
UK
I’m having similar issues, noise from glove box when putting into reverse gear or turning air circulation on. The noise also comes round when ignition is on but goes away in 10-15 seconds. Anyone know how to fix this?

tak-fr

Dec 3, 2017
Had this problem with my Ibiza.
My mechanic diagnosed it as “replace recirc control motor on heater box” whole job cost me £150 .. oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Knocking loudly means that part of the recirc flap motor is faulty and not able to or not moving the flap to its "other" position.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.