Clifford BlackJax AntiHijack

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Acording to seta the LC and LCR alarm is different as im sure the LC system was not cat 1. The LCR had to come with tracker etc for insurnace reasons, so the alarm was also upgraded

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
g60jet said:
LOL mate, troble is with clifford's they are very complex, and installer's dont alway's put them in right or worse set them up after doing a decent install(there are hidden menu's you cannot see as customer), end result is you loose confidence in product, i can tell you there is only a handful of really compent installers in the U.K, as said my mate ,used to trouble shoot and what he saw, was incredible, wire twisted to togehter on immobilser cuts and just taped, i wont name and shame for legal reason's...........

Like Pete once you have a good installer stick with them even if it means travelling

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
Scotty_b said:
Acording to seta the LC and LCR alarm is different as im sure the LC system was not cat 1. The LCR had to come with tracker etc for insurnace reasons, so the alarm was also upgraded
only 225 had tracker's and they dont now, and 225's are still cat 1, marketing bollox they are the same systems, with minor software tweaks

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
I know the trackers not part of the alarm, but i couldnt insure an old 210 (without) but could insure the 225 (with) thats the only real reasin i got one new.

vern said:
LOL mate, troble is with clifford's they are very complex, and installer's dont alway's put them in right or worse set them up after doing a decent install(there are hidden menu's you cannot see as customer), end result is you loose confidence in product, i can tell you there is only a handful of really compent installers in the U.K, as said my mate ,used to trouble shoot and what he saw, was incredible, wire twisted to togehter on immobilser cuts and just taped, i wont name and shame for legal reason's...........

Like Pete once you have a good installer stick with them even if it means travelling

clifford alarms are easy to install..i did my reinstall on my corrado..as long as you have the wiring diagrams there a peice of pee to install. as for the hiden menus the pro version of the wizard helps cough cough ebay cough

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
g60jet said:
okay picture this cos i´ve done it!

you get in you car with the stereo on at a reasonable volume, and forget to disarm the blackjaxx, or your other half gets, you drive off, black jaxx activates at 1500rpm but cos the stereo is on you still miss the flashing light and the siren beeping 3chirps. 30 seconds later your at 70mph you change into top gear and the revs drop, bang blackjax comes in, cuts the engines kills the powersteering and the assisted brakes!! now what would happen if you needed to stop quickly before you had time to put your code in, cycle the alarm and restart the car then reinut the code.

Thats why blackjaxx is not cat 1, it might save you loosing the car but the risk to others is high

dont be silly,

ive got it, and it becomes like a reaction, you get in the car start it and put the code in, you dont forget because its so easy to do. it only cost me £80 to have fitted, and as stated my lcr had a concept 600 fitted, prior to being fitted i asked the guys doing it, "oh yeah we've done them on golfs, there easy" they ended up blowing the courtsey system, and lighting up a douzen fault codes, it also cost them £400 to put it right, but the black jaxx is a1

jake

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
I had an Auto watch alarm on my MK3 Ibiza, god know's how many problems I had with it [:@] So I decided to go Clifford.

Found myself a fantastic Clifford installer who ripped out my old crappy alarm for me free of chrage which took nearly 2 Hours.

And fitted a Clifford matrix 300 with lots of extra's, didn't have a single false alarm or problem with it and that was with 3 years of use.

After fitting it he spent nealry an hour testing everything, all the sensors/extra's and checking all the electrics with his equipment etc etc

Like someone said before, find a good installer and stick with them. ;)

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
75% is in the installer but the fella that did mine has been on the trade for 10 years, done loads of mates cars, he even done my old festa. He said he thought it would be the same as the golfs and TTs hes done before.

Just ine of those things i think. as he usually only works on porkas, mercs BMW's and bentlys. Most of which are brand new (he does all the full installs with TV etc too)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members