climate control problem

danks

i have just bought a mk3 and one of the problems is with the climate control! if i have it set on high it blows hot but then as soon as i turn it down 1 it starts to blow cold. also it always says the outside temp is about 30 degrees with is not right lol. wanted to know if other people have had this problem and is it something simple to fix.

thanks dan

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
The thermometer may be broken? Very common on the mk3 ibiza.

If the outside thermometer is broken then climate control will not be functioning properly.

danks

thanks mate is it an easy job to do or would it be a garage job?

fatreg

my climate control works fine but I don't have it on auto, my ext temp is also borked, always up about 25/30c...

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
thanks mate is it an easy job to do or would it be a garage job?

It's a fairly straight forward job to fit a new outside thermometer, but it does involve soldering.

Just take off passenger wing mirror bottom (bit with little nipple at base), cut out old thermometer and replace with new, but needs to be soldered in.

I didn't have a soldering iron or anything like that, so got garage to do it. Can't remember how much it was now, but it wasn't expensive at all!

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
You can skip the soldering if you don't mind taking the whole door card off.

I changed my speakers at the same time so killed to birds with one stone and just unplugged the old sensor and plugged in the new one.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.