Climate not working - freezing/boiling the passenger/driver

Feb 12, 2021
The left/right heating sensors get confused and heat one side of the car and freeze the other with the temp is set to the same for left and right.
This only happens when the cabin is up to temp (after say, 20 mins or so).
Seat said that this was a recall problem on some cars but not mine. ACTAULLY it is also on my car too and perhaps many others!!
An internal connector has wires swapped and these need to be reverted!
Pick the car up tomorrow ... they say its 100% fixed ...fingers crossed!
ref: 1.4 FR manual 130 registered June 2020
Looks to me that Seat are not testing these cars properly before they are shipped.

Feb 1, 2021
The left/right heating sensors get confused and heat one side of the car and freeze the other with the temp is set to the same for left and right.
This only happens when the cabin is up to temp (after say, 20 mins or so).
Seat said that this was a recall problem on some cars but not mine. ACTAULLY it is also on my car too and perhaps many others!!
An internal connector has wires swapped and these need to be reverted!
Pick the car up tomorrow ... they say its 100% fixed ...fingers crossed!
ref: 1.4 FR manual 130 registered June 2020
Looks to me that Seat are not testing these cars properly before they are shipped.
Any luck in having that issue sorted? I'm pretty sure I've got the same problem on my e-hybrid. It only happens occasionally, but still need to check if it's only a problem when the car us up to temp. Most of my journeys are less than 15 min.

Feb 12, 2021
Any luck in having that issue sorted? I'm pretty sure I've got the same problem on my e-hybrid. It only happens occasionally, but still need to check if it's only a problem when the car us up to temp. Most of my journeys are less than 15 min.
Hi, Yes this issue is now just fixed. There were wires crossed in a connector in the dashboard. Initially they said that it only affected some cars and not mine, now they are learning that it affected my car too and many others. You will need to wait a good 30 mins until the cabin is up to temperature and then it gets confused and freezes one side and not another. (Note that in auto mode air will mainly come through the windscreen vents ... you can exacerbate the problem by forcing air though the main central vents)

Feb 1, 2021
Hi, Yes this issue is now just fixed. There were wires crossed in a connector in the dashboard. Initially they said that it only affected some cars and not mine, now they are learning that it affected my car too and many others. You will need to wait a good 30 mins until the cabin is up to temperature and then it gets confused and freezes one side and not another. (Note that in auto mode air will mainly come through the windscreen vents ... you can exacerbate the problem by forcing air though the main central vents)
Thanks for the info! I'll take mine out for a couple of longer runs just to make sure I know how to show it to the guys at the garage.. but definitely sounds like it's the same with mine.

Apr 12, 2021
Same issue in my 1.5 TSI 150 FR which has been to the garage twice. First time they claimed a manual fix sorted it. It didn’t. Second time they claim there’s nothing wrong with it. I got back to pick up the car and showed the technician and proved it still WASNT working. Not happy. It’s going back in again

freezing one side, boiling the other. Even on auto or not auto, any temp 18-24 and the same happens.

Feb 1, 2021
Same issue in my 1.5 TSI 150 FR which has been to the garage twice. First time they claimed a manual fix sorted it. It didn’t. Second time they claim there’s nothing wrong with it. I got back to pick up the car and showed the technician and proved it still WASNT working. Not happy. It’s going back in again

freezing one side, boiling the other. Even on auto or not auto, any temp 18-24 and the same happens.
Good luck with sorting it out! I got mine back yesterday after few days and they said it did have a recall for air con on it which wasn't commpleted. Done now and it seems to work fine l..but I only had a short drive in it.

Educated Scruff

Nov 19, 2020

Can you tell me which side blows hot or cold.

pbird

Oct 26, 2011
Is this a quick garage fix? Currently have the same issue on my FR, registered Dec 2020. It seems to be fine and then after like 30mins or so of driving it's like the drivers side and passengers side are competing...

Feb 1, 2021
When I took mine in the air con was sorted on the first day. I had to wait a couple of extra days as also asked them to look at ambient light, sos warning, popping noise from the speaker and update not completing. They've managed to sort ambient light and update but not the other two btw.

May 10, 2021
What is the fix on this? My Dec 2020 FR was subject to an air con recall but it has not fixed the problem. It's back in the dealers today .

Feb 1, 2021
They've not really confirmed what the fix was so assume it's also the crossed wires. Hope they sort it out for you.

pbird

Oct 26, 2011
What is the fix on this? My Dec 2020 FR was subject to an air con recall but it has not fixed the problem. It's back in the dealers today .

Hope you got this sorted. With the current heat wave I finally got round to getting mine to the dealers - found the issue straight away.
Two pins (13&14) swapped in aircon control unit under the infotainment system from factory.

Feb 12, 2021
Hope you got this sorted. With the current heat wave I finally got round to getting mine to the dealers - found the issue straight away.
Two pins (13&14) swapped in aircon control unit under the infotainment system from factory.
My aircon fixed 100% with the wire swap a few months back.
loads of software bugs left but they are minor ..
good luck ..

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise