Clutch Bitting Point

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
I was just wondering where other peoples bitting point was on there clutches. I would like to know stock and upgraded bitting points?
I've got an RTS twin friction clutch with a AKS clutch hose and bleeder block and a Sachs Dual mass flywheel and a stock slave cylinder and my bitting point is quiet high on the pedal.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
@paddy6789.

For what it's worth, on my MK2 I found the biting point of the clutch high stock and with the Helix. I normally only dip it half way at lights to save the travel when I get going again. I think it must be a common thing. I've seen some do a mod (not sure if it was MK2 or MK3 or both)... but basically a stop under the clutch pedal to prevent it going all the way to the floor. Effectively shortening it.

Reactions: Charliessmith

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
@paddy6789.

For what it's worth, on my MK2 I found the biting point of the clutch high stock and with the Helix. I normally only dip it half way at lights to save the travel when I get going again. I think it must be a common thing. I've seen some do a mod (not sure if it was MK2 or MK3 or both)... but basically a stop under the clutch pedal to prevent it going all the way to the floor. Effectively shortening it.
I've read a few people think the cars have a high bitting point, just wondered if it was the same with upgraded clutches but seems to be the same.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members