Clutch choice for gtb turbo

smokeyjoe

Apr 6, 2009
n.ireland boy :)
Hi folks looking some opinions on clutch choice The car in question is a 2004 seat leon pd130 I've just recently done some work to it installed tubular manifold gtb2260 turbo 3" downpipe front mount intercooler but still running on the standard clutch.

The car was mapped by myself previous to this never got it dynoed but I estimated it to be around 170 ish was boosting just over 1.5bar on the gauge before after installing all that boost has dropped to 1.3bar although no mappings been done yet and already I'm getting clutch slip lol.

The powers a bit different with this turbo though before I was getting 1.5/1.6 at 1800rpm were as now I'm not getting 1.3 to about 2600/2700rpm pre mapping of course

The cars pretty low miles only just turned 100k and clutch seems to not like it already my question is would a brand new DMF clutch kit be upto 230/240hp and maybe 360ish lb/ft also my brother has just recently broke a seat ibiza fr 130 and there was a SMF clutch in it only problem is the crank seals were leaking and the friction plate got contaminated would it just be a case of getting a new friction plate cleaning the flywheel and pressure plate and away you go or are they toast also?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Performan...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51c4c71077

Also spied this on ebay can't seem to see any info on it anyone tried anything like this?

Last edited:

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Not a hope in hell of a standard clutch coping with it.

Depends what SMF it is before you can consider your options

smokeyjoe

Apr 6, 2009
n.ireland boy :)
Not a hope in hell of a standard clutch coping with it.

Depends what SMF it is before you can consider your options

It's a Sachs SMF that was in the ibiza tis a shame because the friction plate is still like new.

Am I right in thinking the ibiza and my leon share the 02M gearbox and if so are they both 240mm disks?

Standard clutch will not take that at all. My pd150 with stage one map started to slip at 90k it got unbearable at 110k, now running a sachs smf stage 2 clutch kit (organic clutch plates, lightened and balanced flywheel) i plan on going hybrid at the end of the year so should take it

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members