Clutch Pedal

Pky

Hey guys, wondering if someone could pleeeeeease shead some light on this.

Had a new Clutch + Fly fitted, and a new master / slave cylinder for the hydrolic clutch.

Sometimes it seems that the pedal will stick to the floor, now, its beed re-blead, and the slave / master has been replaced (again) any idea what it could be? :S

Please help, getting rather annoyed with it now...

Pky

Any one any idea's? bit annoyed now. the Place its been going can see some flex in the pedal box, (pressing on thebreak is moving theclutch pedal up/down a lil, they are thinking it could be this but my car has always had this flex (since i've had it)

Basicly my problems were this: Std clutch was slipping, so it went it and had the clutch and fly replaced with the VR6 Single Mass Fly and Clutch.

Then the clutch started slipping again once I had it back and the biting point was extreamly high (top of clutch pedal) so they have replaced the Slave / Master Cylinder. Since then, the clutch pedal sometimes seems to loose pressure becoming very spongy and extreamly light and sticks. Other times it will be as hard as you would expect and work great.

Another side issue ive now got is that my gearbox now seems to be shafted! going from 3rd to 4th at any speed will grind before going into gear.

So far I've spent just shy of 1K and its still not right, should I be spending more money to be getting this fixed or should i be expecing the company to sort out these problems??

I dont want to seem greedy but my car went in with a slipping clutch, now i seem to have so many issues it is unreal, i dont think the clutch at the moment is engaging/disengaging properly and is probably causing more damage to the gearbox?

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
is there a white plastice clip in the pedal. is the pedal fixed properly. has the brake system been bled as well.

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
Hi m8. Thx,

Yeah, the pedal is secured ok, where should be clip be? towards the top ?

Dont think the break fluid was drained as well, doesnt that use a diff system?

Ben.

no it uses the same fluid so i owuld of done it just to clear the system out. at the top of the pedal there is a little box and there is supposed to be a white clip in here which attaches to the ball on the pin coming from the hydrolic cylinder

Pky

ooo ta - ill have a look and ask em about the fluid!

Its going back in on Monday, they have agreed to have it for a few days and run it round etc. They have said however that the gearbox making grinding noises is nothing to do with them....

Im guessign its the syncro? Any idea how much it is to have these done / re-con g/box is?

Really thinking about just getting rid now :S

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise