Clutch release bearing noise

EoinM

Noticed a bit of a groaning noise (yes, I am completely aware of the comments that will follow:censored:) last night when the car was idling, press in the clutch noise goes.

They reckon release bearing is gone in the clutch. Bottom line is a new clutch (could just do the bearing but while they have it stripped they may as well do both). 78k km up on it (less than 50k miles) where it spends 90% or its time in 5th on main roads and its treated like a fuping baby all the time. Never been over the service interval, anything not quite right is looked into straight away and receipts for the whole sh1tting lot.

750 yo yo apparently for the job to top it off:wtf:

To say I'm unimpressed is an understatement. Its not as if the thing is thrashed or anything. I've been careful of the clutch all along - now I wish i'd riden the bloody thing rotten:blink:

Rant over for now

Stealthdave

Sep 28, 2006
Slighlty off topic but got any pics of your leon from the back with the chrome tailgate trim?

EoinM

Slighlty off topic but got any pics of your leon from the back with the chrome tailgate trim?

Hope this helps. If you need one, you may find it in that lake behind in the next few days

picture.php

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
Noticed a bit of a groaning noise (yes, I am completely aware of the comments that will follow:censored:) last night when the car was idling, press in the clutch noise goes.

They reckon release bearing is gone in the clutch. Bottom line is a new clutch (could just do the bearing but while they have it stripped they may as well do both). 78k km up on it (less than 50k miles) where it spends 90% or its time in 5th on main roads and its treated like a fuping baby all the time. Never been over the service interval, anything not quite right is looked into straight away and receipts for the whole sh1tting lot.

750 yo yo apparently for the job to top it off:wtf:

To say I'm unimpressed is an understatement. Its not as if the thing is thrashed or anything. I've been careful of the clutch all along - now I wish i'd riden the bloody thing rotten:blink:

Rant over for now

mine went a few months back... had it done on warranty about a month ago.

only 40 odd K on the clock.:-o

EoinM

Hi,

quick update. Went to another dealer for a second opinion and he reckons the noise is coming from inside the gearbox because when the clutch is depressed the noise doesn't stop immdiately but slows down gradually to a stop.

He basically said to live with it, but as the noise is getting slightly louder I'm beginning to become more unimpressed. I think its possible to hear a bit of a grumble in the lower gears moving slowly now too.

Anyone had any similar experience?

Thanks in advance

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
Hi,

quick update. Went to another dealer for a second opinion and he reckons the noise is coming from inside the gearbox because when the clutch is depressed the noise doesn't stop immdiately but slows down gradually to a stop.

He basically said to live with it, but as the noise is getting slightly louder I'm beginning to become more unimpressed. I think its possible to hear a bit of a grumble in the lower gears moving slowly now too.

Anyone had any similar experience?

Thanks in advance

hi hows it going ?
Did you get this issue solved ?? mine is doing the same, now even worse now that I have Performance Engine mounts :(

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
I had to get the gearbox rebuilt as it was the bearings were shot. Hope that's not your issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

oh man...I just hope thats not my issue.
Most people tell me get SMF, but I dont want to hear any noise, and maybe later on I will be running stage 2. I dont want a hard stiff clutch.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.