Just had my MOT and the CO2 readings are high

First Idle test 0.86%
HC 94
Lambda 0.998

Second idle test
CO 0.64%
HC 170
Lambda 1.007

I have a 200 cell sports cat fitted and REVO MAP and it has passed the MOT for the last few years with this fitted without any problems at the same MOT station..

The MOT station has told me they are 90% sure it needs a new CAT, which i don't mind replacing as long as it is that so I went home and checked for any fault codes.

I few months ago the v clamp split after the cat and the v clamp was replaced but the exhaust had a small leak at the joint and i had the engine fault light on and fault code P2096 the leak is now repaired and the engine light is now off after it was reset.

After it was reset the engine light came on once then went off and has not come back on.

I have just checked my codes after the high CO readings and have found that the P2096 "Post Catalyst Trim System too lean Bank 1" is shown in stored codes and Pending codes although i do not have an engine management light on.

Now im not sure if it is a sensor that is causing the Hi CO and this is why i have code P2096 or is the faulty CAT causing the P2096 code. I would have thought that a HI CO means the car is running too rich and yet the post CAT sensor suggests the car is running lean, could it be the sensor is faulty and telling the car to run richer which is why i have the HI CO and P2096 fault. Does the post cat sensor adjust fuel trim?

Im sure they must be related. anything else I can check. I have DashCmd app on my ipad so i can check quite a few things. Want to get the car sorted as everything else passed on the MOT with no advisers just the emission CO reading being high. I don't want to spend several hundred pounds on a new 200 cell cat if its not that.

Hopefully somebody can help me.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.