Coast to Coast? 10 or 12 inch screen?

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
I've ordered the car through an NHS lease company so haven't had much to do with Cupra themselves, but the website seems to contradict itself. On the configurator it doesn't mention coast to coast lights but the spec on the website does. Configurator says 10 inch infotainment but other parts say 12...
What will I get in a VZ2 245 hybrid?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
The configurator has always had wrong info so who knows what you will get. When I was looking for my CUPRA Leon I found that the VZ2 came with a pump repair kit, where elsewhere it said it was standard with a space saver. When I visited the dealer he too said it was a repair kit, but when the boot was checked on a demonstrator, there was a spacesaver sitting there, which was what I got when my car finally arrived.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
It's a bit misleading isn't it. I mean the lights and screen aren't a deal breaker but why so much confusion? I'll try to get a straight answer from Cupra but I won't hold my breath!

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@Richiepoos - The latest spec and price brochure dated October 2022 (date on the bottom left of last page) lists Coast to Coast rear lighting (p14) and 12” infotainment screen (p15) as part of the standard spec for the VZ2, so it does seem to suggest the configurator is incorrect if other details you’ve found on the website are consistent with the brochure. Link to the brochure below;

Cupra do include the statement below in their brochure on page 35 to cover themselves in the event the vehicles they’re building don’t match the spec in their product literature. Interesting to see that statement shows the time of going to press as June 2022 in the October 2022 brochure! 🤣

‘Specifications refer to Model Year 2023. While CUPRA makes every effort to make sure that specifications are accurate at time of going to press (06/2022), you should always check details with your CUPRA Retailer as there may have been changes
in view of CUPRA’s policy of continuous product improvement. The right is reserved to change specification and colour at any time. The information in this price list can therefore be given as guidance only.’

Reactions: Richiepoos

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
@Richiepoos - The latest spec and price brochure dated October 2022 (date on the bottom left of last page) lists Coast to Coast rear lighting (p14) and 12” infotainment screen (p15) as part of the standard spec for the VZ2, so it does seem to suggest the configurator is incorrect if other details you’ve found on the website are consistent with the brochure. Link to the brochure below;

Cupra do include the statement below in their brochure on page 35 to cover themselves in the event the vehicles they’re building don’t match the spec in their product literature. Interesting to see that statement shows the time of going to press as June 2022 in the October 2022 brochure! 🤣

‘Specifications refer to Model Year 2023. While CUPRA makes every effort to make sure that specifications are accurate at time of going to press (06/2022), you should always check details with your CUPRA Retailer as there may have been changes
in view of CUPRA’s policy of continuous product improvement. The right is reserved to change specification and colour at any time. The information in this price list can therefore be given as guidance only.’
I've ordered through a lease company (through work) and have asked them to confirm what comes as standard but have had radio silence so far...I'll keep a copy of the brochure you kindly gave a link to and see what I end up with.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Had confirmation that no dynamic indicators and no coast to coast lights due to semi conductor shortage!

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Had confirmation that no dynamic indicators and no coast to coast lights due to semi conductor shortage!
Other manufacturers have also been deleting or downgrading items of spec from some of their car models due to ongoing semiconductor supply issues - e.g. BMW / Mini, Ford; there’ll no doubt be others too.

I suppose the other option for Cupra (or any other car manufacturer for that matter) would be to wait for adequate supplies of semiconductors to be restored, but that would just increase the already very long wait times, so removing certain non-essential items of spec is probably considered by Cupra as an acceptable compromise under the circumstances.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
I'm gutted! It still says it comes with them in the vehicle spec and on the website but the supplying dealer has said no! Also apparently now comes with 10 inch display rather than 12! Let's hope they don't remove/downgrade any more features! I wonder if they'll knock any money off...

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I'm gutted! It still says it comes with them in the vehicle spec and on the website but the supplying dealer has said no! Also apparently now comes with 10 inch display rather than 12! Let's hope they don't remove/downgrade any more features! I wonder if they'll knock any money off...
If I were you, I’d take the lead and ask - or tell the dealer you’re expecting a discount for the missing / downgraded items. If you don’t ask, you don’t get, and IMHO the dealer is unlikely to volunteer to give a discount / money off if you don’t say anything.

I can remember when the mk7 facelift Golf was launched that an initial batch of UK spec GTI’s were mis-built without front fog lights. Owners were compensated to the tune of £500 - I don’t know if this was automatically given or if customers had to ask, (I suspect it was the latter) but as I’ve said, if you don’t ask, you don’t get.

Please let the forum know the outcome - assuming you’ll pursue this with the objective of getting some form of financial recompense.

Fk2

Apr 15, 2022
Personally I prefer the smaller screen.. Looks less obtrusive... This car looks so darn good I could forgive it for so many minor issues anyway.... Looks and style wins against tech anyday

• Love
Reactions: Richiepoos

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
I've asked the question of a discount/compensation for the missing/downgraded items - I'll let you know the response. I'm dealing with GMP who are sourcing and financing the car through a salary sacrifice scheme so could take a while to get a reply!

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I've asked the question of a discount/compensation for the missing/downgraded items - I'll let you know the response. I'm dealing with GMP who are sourcing and financing the car through a salary sacrifice scheme so could take a while to get a reply!
The dealer that supplied the car should offer a discount, don't give up I only got my paint for free by badgering the dealer for a while, till he gave in.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
I've had word back - the dealer isn't offering any discount as the price they quoted me didn't include any of the missing items apparently.
Oh well, I'm still happy with the car I've ordered - cheaper than a 1.0l focus estate so can't really complain!

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
Does anyone have images of the car without coast 2 coast please?
It's so rare I can't even find a pic. I've seen a baseline Seat with no coast co coast and looked pretty sad. Like this:

Attachments

• mqdefault.jpg
    mqdefault.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: CupraDesireRed

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
Hmm I wonder if you could retrofit the coast to coast?
You probably can but it will be expensive af. Only the middle part is ~850€ (new). You'll need the 2 LED tail lights and service to installing them (including coding). Not worth it, IMO

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Another one, boring but then I suppose Coast to Coast without the Welcome ceremony is also boring but it does look good at night.

Attachments

• 5291a5dc3b7a45d984864169a7749bb3.jpg
    5291a5dc3b7a45d984864169a7749bb3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 168
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members