coil pack hold downs?

S17EW O

Well I was looking at the bolt down coil packs and have had abit of a look into coil pack bolt downs. What I was wonderin was has anyone got a spare or no where I can get the metal bracket that goes across the top of cylinder 3 and 4s coil packs as this can easily be modified to hold the coil packs down and if I could get another bracket I could modify this to hold down 1 and 2....

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Dealer or ask in the wanted section.
Someone who has removed the air res for the N249 by pass might want rid :)

S17EW O

Yeah I've just put it up in there. That's what I was thinking tbf. Actually I've got a question.....I've done the n249 bypass. What does this mean I can remove/re route. To tidy up that mess on top of the rocker cover?lol

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah I've just put it up in there. That's what I was thinking tbf. Actually I've got a question.....I've done the n249 bypass. What does this mean I can remove/re route. To tidy up that mess on top of the rocker cover?lol

Yea, you can get rid of all the crap on the rocker cover; just leave the n249 electrically connected. :)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you dont need them if you simply cut a small slot in the coilpack ribs so they dont act as pistons and pop up when the trapped air in the rocker cover expands

S17EW O

hmm could you explain this alittle futher, in the ribs on the coil packs!? im thinking of making some at work anyway so its no big deal but im just interested thats all

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.