Coilover recommendations?

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
If your driving all the way to Nurburg ring with coilovers fitted you will hate them by the time you get there. I have KWV3's and just did a long trip with a wife with a sore back, we both decided then that we need a new car for family/long trips ASAP as the LCR is no longer suitable.
But you sound like you've done the normal thing and want coilovers not matter what.
Hope these suit your driving day in day out. They should be good for the track but would have suggested you changed the ARB and strutt braces first but not many people take heed of this info

aaagh willie, dont put me off coilovers now.... i want them primarily for handling purposes, not arsed about the slammed look if you like!!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
James

If I was you i would stick with what you are planning just now minus the suspension change and see how that feels when all together and 4 wheel alignment done. I don't think you'll be disappointed TBH.
The handling on my car with 92,000 miles OEM shocks and springs with the uprated front ARB and rear ARB with strutt brace was more than good enough for the road and occasional track use. You have uprated suspension components already so wouldn't change these till you find out it doesn't suit your driving style or needs for handling

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members