Coilovers

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Obviously, but they cant be worse than lowering springs surely, just trying to work out how they can justify a 3 year warrenty and a cheap price, maybe too good to be true? or worth a try?

Also does it matter that the spring is on the damper?

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
Don't go there like I did! Bent one strut on a dip in the road, okay I was sent a pair in replacement, but shortly after the replacement strut insert collapsed so had to use the other new spare! Springs were hopeless, main spring was too hard & helper was very soft (as they are), car bottomed out very hard on any dips in the road (hence bent strut), bought new full length springs which made them better however the ride was still crap! After a year, had enough & bought some Jamex springs for the standard struts, changed them last weekend - thank God for that, its now got a decent ride again.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
May just use the jamex coilovers instead there 350 but probably worth the extra 200 odd quid. I dont want to just use lowering springs as the ride could be crashy, then would need dampers, and by that time could have got decent coilovers.

There the same to for the normal Leon, I know someone who has a set on a mk4 golf and there identicle to mine :cartman:

The Jamex ones are £225 on Ebay but not sure if they do the R versions

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
but jamex aint really that good mate... why not get the weitecs on offer at the mo..

300 for jamex or 390 for weitecs.. hmmh let me think.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
jom, decent reviews in the states... nowhere near as good as the weitecs, but they do go low if thats what you want... also the joms arent lcr fitment mate, no arb brackets.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.