Cold causing radio issues

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
Morning all,

This short cold spell seems to be causing an issue with my radio signal.
Getting the less responsive touch which is a common issue but it works enough,
but my issue seems to be around completely losing all DAB signal.

Then after 5 minutes when the car has warmed abit it all of a sudden comes back. Really strange and i dont even know where to start.

Anyone else have this issue? or how to rectify it?
Do i need to clean the screen more for the signal to get out? Or is there something else i can do/check? Obviously as Cupras do not have a roof aerial

Not a major issue, just more annoying than anything!

biminibob

Mar 27, 2022
I also have a cold weather problem with my radio, but a bit different. I generally use FM as DAB comes and goes.

It often changes from my preferred station on preset 1 to station on preset 5 shortly after driving off on a frosty morning. I can only assume the touch screen thinks I pressed it when I didn’t. Always seems to switch to preset 5, maybe a problem with a bit of condensation in the cold weather n that part of the touch screen?

Or perhaps the car prefers Magic Radio to Radio Jackie! :)

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
It's the membrane on the touch screen that shrinks/expand when cold. I sorted mine with a screen protector like your mobile. Only a couple of quid on ebay

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
It's the membrane on the touch screen that shrinks/expand when cold. I sorted mine with a screen protector like your mobile. Only a couple of quid on ebay

I assume your replying to the touchscreen randomly changing and selecting its own things and not the Poor/lack of DAB signla when cold?

Reactions: Peller
Jan 23, 2023

I have this issue, what does the screen protector do and where do you get one, I've looked on e bay but can't seem to find one.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I have this issue, what does the screen protector do and where do you get one, I've looked on e bay but can't seem to find one.

I can't remember exactly where I got mine but these seem to be similar. It gives the touchscreen a glass look like VW's.

I did suffer with entering postcodes on the Nav at times but it never had the 'cold' weather problems with it compared to my 2 previous Leons.

Hope this helps