Color selection

Ventsi

Nov 13, 2020
What do you guys think of the color selection available on the Cupra? I'm kinda disappointed there are mostly dark-ish colors, because the car is quite small anyway and the darker colors make it even smaller.
I'm almost ready with the configuration (for my wife). Her first choice was White, but we realized the "candy white" is just very ordinary white that looks cheap. So the only other option for a brighter color seems to be Urban Silver. Anybody seen the car in this color? Searched a few times and couldn't find pictures online. Thanks for any help.

Chris Smith

Mar 19, 2019
There are loads of cars on Cupra Formentor DE Facebook pages as they have had the car for nearly a month now and there are plenty on the roads out there, personally loved the graphene grey, but personally financially it pushed me to high, just did not want to go into the higher tax bracket, I had Nevada white in my Ateca and have Tarraco in Oryx white a pearl finish, My wife has a Countryman in a flat white and it does not look that different only in direct sunlight the pearl works but on the Ateca it did not matter if metallic or not, but this is just my opinion and i personally think the white lets all the accents of the grill, side mouldings, wing mirrors and black surrounds pop more as would the silver, the red looks different as well. pity there was not the blue offered in the Ateca, it is difficult to pick as there are none on the road to see what they would look like,

Reactions: Bucksssss

Ventsi

Nov 13, 2020
Yes, we would like the car design to pop, that's another reason to look for a brighter color. Red is good, but it makes the rear lights disappear, which is a shame.
I only found one closed Formentor DE group, could you please share the address? You can DM me as well.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
I am disappointed with the color choice as well. So far the best I have liked is matte petrol blue but the others are just too plain. Another thing which I found odd was to launch the vz edition with an ordinary metallic grey. They should have used some other color to make launch edition stand out.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I went for a white, because I thought that's the only colour that doesn't put car into higher road tax in UK. I know now, that's not correct. I like some of the greys, but there's no way I would pay extra to have asphalt colour car. Colours similar to Graphene Grey were only free ones on some VAGs not long ago, probably to encourage people to pay for different colour.

I like red, but again, too expensive. I'm used to having metallic paint colour included in the price. I only paid once for paint, when I wanted pearl white in AMG, which wasn't included in price.

Some lively colours would be nice, not all these greys.

Good option to check actual colours is YouTube or Instagram.
Black -
Grey Magentic -
Graphene Grey -
Red -
Petrol Blue matt -
Magnetic Tech matt -

I haven't seen camouflage or silver videos yet.

On Instagram, you can search for #cupraformentor and sort by recent. New photos are added daily from people who collected their cars. There are some red and greys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nathan penney

Ventsi

Nov 13, 2020
Thanks, that's a great idea. Found every color but Silver and Camo :D
I guess I'll wait a few more days.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Thanks. Dark camouflage is the only color for which I have not seen a video.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I find the colors uninspiring as well. While some of the colors are good, only one color is not "white/gray/black".

I would have gone for white, but they are using Candy White which is less white than previous Nevada White or Oryx White. Why they decided not to offer Oryx White for a Cupra I cannot understand. You can get a Tarraco in Oryx White.

Silver I like in the video above. I dislike the silver that used to be on Skoda/VW but this one looks to be a different. Quite refreshing to be honest. From what I can see on the road, silver fell out of favor recently. However I couldn't see it live so didn't consider it.

Dark camouflage is similar. It looks gray with green tint, but really hard to judge how it looks in person. I did see a single video of it. -
What is most interesting is that the guy probably has only Dark Camouflage review on YouTube, but spends about 30 seconds filming the car from outside not realizing the color is unusual and then he goes and sits in the car talking for the remainder of the video. What a wasted opportunity.

In the end went for magnetic gray metallic. I really liked the gray on the previous Leon/Cupra so I'm hoping I find this as exciting.

One thing that I disliked is that the accent color is always gray (wheel arches, ...). This means that if you go for a gray color, the color of accent is close to the color of the car so it almost looks like a mistake. If I was Cupra, I would have offered an option for black accent trim. This would work well with cars that are gray or even to allow some customizations of the car. This gray accent color really hurts the black version of the car.

Last edited:

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I wouldn't notice it's Dark Camouflage from that video. Car looks dark grey. I like red but I ordered white, so will live with it. I don't plan to keep it longer than 2 years unless I get cheap extension offer for 3rd year.

It got to the point, that I'm not excited about new car and afraid I won't like new tech and it will annoy me.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I wouldn't notice it's Dark Camouflage from that video. Car looks dark grey. I like red but I ordered white, so will live with it. I don't plan to keep it longer than 2 years unless I get cheap extension offer for 3rd year.

It got to the point, that I'm not excited about new car and afraid I won't like new tech and it will annoy me.
About the dark camouflage video. I believe it is that color. The name fits, it's a gray with green. However it's really hard to be certain. I've seen videos where the camera has badly setup colors so that some Formentors looked blue instead of gray. It's possible this video suffers from the same. Everyone can judge for themselves.

Do you like your white one? I wanted to go for white but I couldn't see one in person so went with a safe choice.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I've seen the video of alleged 2.5l Formentor in white, but nothing else at the time of ordering.
I quite like the look of the white one. Accents fit well and some details on the car are easier to make out. For example the CUPRA lettering on the boot. With a gray or black car it effectively disappears but on a white one, it stands out nicely.

I almost ordered white one, based on the same video from Nurburgring.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Photo of a dark camouflage Formentor (from instagram).
Screenshot_20210123-145005_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: Agnes.Surrey
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise