Colour Coding Splitters

Fenix

Apr 17, 2005
Essex
Hi guys,

From the thread about smoothing the boot I noticed some of the cars had colour coded splitters. I'm undecided about doing this myself - are there any photos flying around of your cars?

Obviously it's a job of removing the splitters and spraying - will any old paint do or have you got anything you'd recommend?

I know Chris (surcalation) will link me to his site - but the gallery is broken!

Ta,

Alix

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
im interested in doing this also so i will be keepin a close eye on this thread

Kai_1600

Shallow
Dec 10, 2005
Manchester
There's a guide on here somewhere for colour coding skirts and splitters, front splitter and side skirts come off, rear has to be done in situ from what i recall.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Colour coded front and rear splitter, side skirts & door handles

And the slots cut out of the splitter

DSCF0555.jpg

DSC_55201.jpg

100_3582.jpg

100_3576.jpg

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Cheers lads! :)

Kai, I'm usually up pen y graig way lately and takin the missus shopping, so you may see it about one day soon!

Roelich.... smooth out the front recess on the bumper and it would finish the car off so well!

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
By Tonypandy. Not to clued up about places that way as I'm from bridgend.... just the misses is from that way.

Fenix

Apr 17, 2005
Essex
Thanks for the link, had a quick look on the forum but didn't see it myself. I'm off to get some new door handles today for some colour coding goodness :)

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
i think im just guna cc sideskirts as i would stone chip the front spliteer and scrape it on driveway etc so guna keep fron and rear one blck me thinks

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
i admit fully colour coded looks lovely but practicality id be ruining it and needing it repainting every year just not worth it for my and it wouldnt loo half finished as there are so many other black bits on the car it looks blended in tbh imo

Fenix

Apr 17, 2005
Essex
Well, show us some pics when it's done! The scrappy decided to close today because it's cold and wet. Was usually open a few hours on a Sunday though. Weird!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise