Condensation in rear light

Blaine

Apr 12, 2012
Just wondering has anyone else had condensation in the rear lights, it's just the rear passenger side that it's happened in, outer light. indicator is fully condensted up but rest is ok. thanks for any replies ..

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Just wondering has anyone else had condensation in the rear lights, it's just the rear passenger side that it's happened in, outer light. indicator is fully condensted up but rest is ok. thanks for any replies ..

Others have reported it, think several have had them done under warranty. Do a search on this thread, it should come up.

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
water ingress into the rear lights is a common problem which is covered under warranty book your car in and they'll replace the light cluster for you.

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
Get it looked at asap.... i left mine and the crack got so big they suggested that it was caused by a stone or some shite like that (its £120 for a new light btw).

Blaine

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks for all replies.. checked lens closely and no hairline cracks or that. Cars is only 2 months old and its silly they haven't this problem fixed yet. Looks like it'll be a visit to the dealer :lol:

BigfatPaulie

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
Mine was replaced under warantee.... had condensation in the car too because of it.

Problem get worse in winter, where the water freezes and cracks the lens or seal... sort it now !

Blaine

Apr 12, 2012
Yeah noticed the condensation is worse when am washing it or when it rains, so booking in next week!

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Mine have had condensation since new (last Nov) and the cracking has got progressively worse until now its all over the outside as well on one side. Took it to show the dealer today and they took pictures but straight away said we'll order new units :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.