Configurator Update

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
So the configurator has been updated with the 1.8 TSI engine, still no 184 TDI but is available to order.

Main updates -

Alternative 18" alloy wheels (seen at paris + international press day) have been added as part of a titanium pack (£700) which seems to also give you chrome/titanium effect wing mirror caps.

Option packs have been revised/split (DAB as individual option £175)

DSG shift paddles now an optional extra on 1.8 TSI (£130)

-------------

LED lights being a £995 on there own or get the Tech pack for £1075 - bit of a no brainer which box to tick.

I'm still undecided. My PCP is up in August and need a car for 1 Sept. Shopping around VAG and keep changing my mind and the 3 door is yet to come!

If you're a gadget geek you can really make an expensive Leon. :blink:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
At IMG SEAT we are offering the Technology Pack on all new Leon's ordered before 28th Feb FREE of charge!!!!!

See seatwarrington.co.uk for more details or call us on 01925 428730

I hope you will have the same offer when the 3 door launches ;)

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
I'm quite interested in ordering the 1.8 tsi in a few months time but I still can't find any reviews or test drive reports for this model. I currently have an FR tdi 2.0 CR, which I love but wouldn't mind a change to a tsi even perhaps with DSG.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I'm quite interested in ordering the 1.8 tsi in a few months time but I still can't find any reviews or test drive reports for this model. I currently have an FR tdi 2.0 CR, which I love but wouldn't mind a change to a tsi even perhaps with DSG.

Not the Leon but the 1.8tsi engine in the new Octavia so same engine. Seems impressive mated to the DSG box. I just can't justify paying over 1K for the DSG box if I am honest.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Just did some googling on the 184 TDI engine and came across this. "the2.0 TDI 184PS engine-equipped models will vary their engine sound via a sound actuator"

That is going to cause some piss taking.........

Balddee2

Oct 10, 2009
A colleague at work had ordered a 184tdi through the company lease scheme however a few weeks later they were told that model isn't now coming to the UK hence they ordered a diff version.

Anyone else heard this?

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010

This is also my position as I now do fewer miles so the TSI is also an option. If I were to go to the TSI it would only be for the DSG love.

With regards to reviews I have also failed to find any but there are a few for the new A3 with this lump (unknown if there's any other differences) which all seem to suggest it's a decent engine - but it doesn't really put a smile on your face.

Here's a more positive Octavia one in DSG that jc_boc mentioned: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review...-drive-review-skoda-octavia-18tsi-dsg-se-plus

Test drive in March I think.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Heres a 'funny' thing.

UK configurator Emocion Red is £175 and Solid White is free. Spanish configurator Emocion Red is free and Solid White is 148 Euros :whistle:

http://carconfigurator.seat.es/seat-cc/main-seat-003-es.view?msk=2#

Pricing is usually different in different markets and trends are monitored to maximize sales/profits. Red is probably popular in the UK so add some ££ to it to raise the price. Understandable and all manufacturers do it.

Last edited:

kenboon

May 28, 2005
Derby
I wonder if the removal of the 184TDI has anything to do with the new Euro VI emissions standards in 2015? A friend of mine was telling me this is going to be a big thing.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
I wonder if the removal of the 184TDI has anything to do with the new Euro VI emissions standards in 2015? A friend of mine was telling me this is going to be a big thing.

I was under the impression that it's not being pushed as there are production delays relating to this engine - hence it has not launch in the new A3 either (Golf GTD not announced).

A quote from SCN's press visit below seems to back that up: http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1349&Itemid=1

"I was asked to find out what has happened to the TDI FR 2.0 184hp model and why it has dropped off the configurator having been on there briefly. This it was explained is down to production line capacity and priorities and it will arrive in the UK in May with the 180hp petrol in April. The rest of the range will arrive in March and some possibly slipping in as early as February."

When enquiring about the new Leon nobody has ever suggested that the 184PS is not coming.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members