Confusion about radios

Oct 18, 2020
Leon fr facelift 2011 comes with the big standard radio. I want to upgrade my radio I know the rcd330 has Apple or android auto or both. It has its own Bluetooth so I will lose my use of the phone button on the steering wheel is that correct is there anyway way round I can still keep my phone settings on my mfd.

Rns310 and 315 does the 310 and 315 have maps built into the head unit but the 315 has dab. They don’t have car play or android auto but I will still be able to use my phone via the steering wheel buttons. Also do both these units do Bluetooth streaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I'm not sure about the RCD330 but I know that the RNS310 in my old MK2 R did not support Bluetooth streaming, I think the 315 did have the Bluetooth streaming but maybe wait for conformation from someone else lol

I'm sure there are stereos from 3rd party suppliers that work with the steering wheel and MFD

Reactions: Addyshannu
Oct 18, 2020
Yeah the rns315 supports streaming, I play Spotify though it all the time

Does the mdf display phone calls like it would do with the standard unit and able to make calls using steering wheel thanks

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Should do? I think it can also display sat nav directions?

It's the OE upgrade stereo for that car so all the buttons and integration works as intended.

Oct 18, 2020
It’s confusing as I’m still unsure as reading online some say the mdf displays doesn’t work with the phone when upgrading to rcd330 and some say it does.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.