Considering Cupra Leon ST purchase

Nov 6, 2023
Hi all,

First post - sorry if I’m creating a thread for something that has already been answered!

I’m strongly considering purchasing a Mk3 Seat Leon ST (registered in July 2020) I’ve seen listed today, having been eyeing one up for the last 12 months. Has completed 29,513 miles, DSG 4 drive, 1 owner.

Not sure on service history yet as not in the ad, but is there anything in particular I should be looking out for? Or anything that will be due to be replaced (or should have already been)?

It’s finally an example in the trim, year and price bracket I wanted, but wary of becoming rose tinted!

Any thoughts on welcome!

thanks,

JD

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
I've had mine for over 3 years and it's a brilliant car.
Only issues were rear brake pad siezing to the disc (sorted by dealer) and the fuel filler door lock siezing - unfortunately in the locked position.
Apart from that it's great. I'm getting mid to high 30's (mpg) on a long run (came back from Germany doing 700 miles in 11 hours and got 35mpg!!) and 30(ish) running around locally.

Reactions: Ypowt
Nov 6, 2023
I've had mine for over 3 years and it's a brilliant car.
Only issues were rear brake pad siezing to the disc (sorted by dealer) and the fuel filler door lock siezing - unfortunately in the locked position.
Apart from that it's great. I'm getting mid to high 30's (mpg) on a long run (came back from Germany doing 700 miles in 11 hours and got 35mpg!!) and 30(ish) running around locally.
That’s really good to hear! So nothing too major then.

Ah that sounds like great fun! And good MPG returns too.

I work remotely most of the time so only do 1 office trip at most a week (180 mile round commute), so feel like I’ve got license to get something with a bit more poke!

Hoping to do Le Mans next year too which could be fun.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
I've done Le Mans many times (both the 24hr and the Classics) but always taken the TVR. Although I reckon the Cupra is probably just as quick from A to B.......
I teach advanced driving and it's interesting to teach someone in a manual then switch to a dsg box..... Have a 'play' at driving it in 'manual' using the paddles to change. Good fun.
They are quick cars, which is why some of the Force areas use them for Roads Policing.

Reactions: Ypowt
Nov 6, 2023
I've done Le Mans many times (both the 24hr and the Classics) but always taken the TVR. Although I reckon the Cupra is probably just as quick from A to B.......
I teach advanced driving and it's interesting to teach someone in a manual then switch to a dsg box..... Have a 'play' at driving it in 'manual' using the paddles to change. Good fun.
They are quick cars, which is why some of the Force areas use them for Roads Policing.
Ha. Don't blame you, if I had one I would. Can’t pack as much camping gear mind!

Admittedly I’ve always loved manual driving, but lately I’ve just got the itch to try the auto, even like you say if it means knocking it into “manual” with the paddles.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise