CONTACTS SYNC WITH BLUETOOTH

Jul 9, 2022
Hello, I've recently bought a formentor too and i am super excited! Now the AA doesn't work wirelessly any thoughts? I have Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra with android 12. And also i have this strange issue with the bluetooth. I can connect without any issue but it doesn't sync the contacts.. Any thoughts?

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022
Hello, I've recently bought a formentor too and i am super excited! Now the AA doesn't work wirelessly any thoughts? I have Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra with android 12. And also i have this strange issue with the bluetooth. I can connect without any issue but it doesn't sync the contacts.. Any thoughts?

As far as i know, wireless AA is only available in certain countries. In Croatia where I am from, it works only via cable... In Germany or UK it is wireless.

Regarding syncing contacts, try and delete phone from car, and car from phone. Start a new pairing and when you click connect the phone should ask you if you want to share contacts, audio, texts etc. with Formentor. You should click yes.
If you skip this, It will not sync, and I am not sure how to enable contact sharing after pairing :)

P

Reactions: Fencer60
Jul 9, 2022
Hello, thank you for your reply. Yes i came to the same conclusion that in Greece wireless AA is not supported. As far as the bluetooth contacts issue, i have done everything that you propose but nothing. I can see the name of the person calling me, but when i try to make a call there is no contacts list. Very strange.

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022
Hello, thank you for your reply. Yes i came to the same conclusion that in Greece wireless AA is not supported. As far as the bluetooth contacts issue, i have done everything that you propose but nothing. I can see the name of the person calling me, but when i try to make a call there is no contacts list. Very strange.
I can't get to my car at the moment, but I think the default view on phone app is FAVORITES, and so there are no contacts there when you open the app. And these are not favorites from your phone, but favorites you set in the car phone app.
Maybe a dumb question, but did you try searching a name from your contacts? The magnifying glass? :D
Or the call history?

I did however have a bug in the phone app... You can have multiple phones connected via bluetooth, so when I am in the car with my wife, both phones are connected at the same time, and calls from both phones go through the car. And when we are together, some of my contacts names will not be displayed, only the phone number. This happens when the call is incoming, and when I browse the call history. But if I search my contacts, the contact is correctly displayed... Weird.

P

Jul 9, 2022
Yes I did. I searched from the contacts list, not the favorites i think, and it doesn't come up with any result. The strange think is that from the call history i see everything normal, i mean i can see the contact name of the person calling etc. But if i want to make a call and try to search a contact the list is empty (even though in the phone the contact sync to the car is enabled). The thing with the 2 phones conected happens sometimes to me and my wife too, exactly as you described it, except the search contact that doesn't work.. Very strange..

Oct 17, 2023
I have 1940 (Cupra Leon) and software 1940. Reboots are gone, but I still have issue with contact synchronization over BlueTooth. Not all contacts are synchronized between my android phone (Galaxy S21+) and car. For some contacts not all phone numbers are synced (for example: home & mobile number is OK but no work number etc). This seems to be completely random. Some contact after edited (open & save) were OK for some time but now are again not in sync. I haven't had similar issue in any of my previous cars.

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022
I have 1940 (Cupra Leon) and software 1940. Reboots are gone, but I still have issue with contact synchronization over BlueTooth. Not all contacts are synchronized between my android phone (Galaxy S21+) and car. For some contacts not all phone numbers are synced (for example: home & mobile number is OK but no work number etc). This seems to be completely random. Some contact after edited (open & save) were OK for some time but now are again not in sync. I haven't had similar issue in any of my previous cars.
Are you the only one driving the car? Is your phone the only one connected to the car?