Coolant loss

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Our Arona FR decided to spew it's coolant out. It didn't overheat and only emptied the reservoir. I removed the rad trim and could see coolant sprayed around the radiator and front of the engine but couldn't see exactly where it came from.
Anyone had this happen?
Luckily it didn't happen two weeks earlier while we were driving up the country to our new house.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
It appears that a the small coolant hose that crosses the bottom of the radiator came into contact with the fan. Apparently it was moved out of its normal alignment.
It's very strange how this could happen a year after getting the car. I hope SEAT are checking these at service time.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
So I had a close look at the problem when we got the car back. For the hose to get close to the fan, it has to be jammed hard under one of the rad support brackets, not something that could be done by accident. The way it just sits on the undertray is a bit strange too. I would have expected a bracket to support it.
It would pay to check your cars. You can look down between the rad and engine at the undertray from above and should be able to see the 30mm hose running from the left to the centre. It has a foam ring that keeps it off the tray. If you can't see all of the hose it may be out of position too.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise