cordoba vs ibiza

janner

I have just got my 4th cordoba.... a 1999 2.0 16valve and i am looking to uprate the suspension, brakes and engine.

How similar are the cordoba and ibiza?
Are all parts compatible and a straight swap?
As cordoba parts are so rare i was hoping to use ibiza rear axles, front and rear larger calipers, discs and pads..... strut braces and tune the engine or install a turbo or supercharged ibiza engine.

please help any advice would be great

toddygti

Sep 9, 2007
Folkestone, Kent
If yours is a true 2.0 SX then it will already have discs on the rear. They're 239 the same as the Ibiza rears.

Everything is interchangeable. It does have heavier duty springs on the rear but coilovers are the same set.

If you need Cordoba assistance in what's on it or should be etc feel free to ask away.

janner

Thanks toddygti. Appreciate your help.
the car does have rear discs!!
Saves me a lot of work. the car is lowered but i can't see any new coilovers on there. Do ibiza strut braces fit?
How difficult is it to fit a VAG 1.8 T into a cordoba mark 1

toddygti

Sep 9, 2007
Folkestone, Kent
What year is the car?

Strut braces will fit except the rear one which isn't needed in the Cordoba as it has one as standard under the parcel shelf.

A 1.8T item will go in with the same ease as it would in any other conversion (golf/beeza) really. You'd best make sure you had a donor car for ease of the conversion for that though or ensure you have all the components.

I'm currently installing a VR6 into mine :)

janner

its 1999

thanks for the advice on the engine, sounds like a route i am interested in going down!!
i really want a turbo'd cordoba.Either find an abf engine strip it and uprate components to take a turbo or the VAG 1.8T swap. do you know if the mounts need repositioning?
But yes i guess you are right about a donor car as i would need the loom etc.
How about a 6 speed box?
I am not really bothered about top speed and more interested in gut wrenching acceleration!

I have a mark 2 boot lid to go on, do you know if that is a fairly simple swap.
I have offered it into position and it looks like it shouldn't be too much trouble, just wandering about the lock mechanism and hinges, that should be done over xmas. i want the car completely debadged but the handle is a seat badge, so i have to think of something, i had a cordoba before with de-locked boot, but to open it was just a wire threaded through the car to the front seat, not a great conversion, i am looking to do this car spot on this time and do everything properly, every little detail.

i like the sound of the V6 conversion, sounds cool, where did you get that from? how is it going?

Jon Olds

Mar 3, 2005
Where abouts in the country are you? My Cordoba rally car is freshly finished, may have some useful info for you. pm me.
Jon

janner

hi jon,
i am in plymouth,
sounds very interesting, not sure how to pm on here, but would love to hear or see more
cheers john

janner

does golf or polo, mark 2 cordoba, ibiza or any other front and rear seats fit mark 1 cordoba?

I really do not like the colour scheme on 2.0 sx coupe interior, door cards included.

How much would a re-trim cost roughly? or is it an easy enough job to D.I.Y?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise