Cornering Lights

Si_TDi_FR

Oct 6, 2009
Northallerton
Hey,

After going throught the VCDS diagnostics thread i noticed no-one had managed to activate this feature on the pre-facelift leon.

Managed after some fiddling around on version 11.2.0 of VCDS that i can activate the cornering lights like the facelift :)

If anyone wants me to show how it's done i will do a write up.

Cheers

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
If this is the fog light coming on when you're indicating, I thought most people were interested in how to turn it off?

Seems to be a useless feature to me.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I turned mine off straight away, theres a reason why you cant find any threads on how to turn them on

Because everybody turns them off :cartman:

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
I enabled these on my Pre-Facelift FR to test them and turned them straight off as it looks daft and in reality did not improve my visability (in my opinion). You just look daft when only one fog light is turned on...

Now got a Facelift Cupra which comes with these on as default and turned them off the day I got it....

So I agree with AndrewJB's post above lol

yooni7

Jul 17, 2011
Sorry to bring up an old thread but can someone post me a guide of how to enable this on a pre facelift. I live in a built up residential area so I'm going to check it this is any better when parking.

Cheers

raylee25

Jan 24, 2012
London
I would be more interested if someone could do a proper write up on how to get the chirp on/off when the doors are locked/ unlocked when the button is pressed on the fob for a FL Leon.

Nautilus

Dec 9, 2006
Bucharest, Romania
I'm looking for a way to fit a static cornering light feature in a Leon Mk 1, as it doesn't have the feature in the ECU.

It should be working like this:

- fog light on the inside of corner activated either by turn signal or by steering angle sensor;

- fog light on the inside of corner to operate only when dipped beam is active and not during daylight;

- both fog lights to run normally when the light switch is switched to fog lights on.

So it should use a relay which accounts for:

- a live wire from the turn signal;
- a live wire from the dipped beam position on the switch;
- a live wire from the fog light position on the switch.

Someone found a solution here, but as seen from 0:18 on, it works also with dipped beam switched off, so the diagram has to be altered.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

~Nautilus

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Apart from the fact they look like your driving with one fog light on and one blown

Its personal opinion i think they look gash, i think if i remember correctly though you have fitted white bulbs to yours so will look better

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
They only look like that to people who are too stupid to know any better ;-)

On dark road they are a godsend

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
but if you really needed them on a dark road.. would you just not turn your fog lights on? and they only work when your turning anyway

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
All things i turned off :p

I turned the wipers off because it randomly wipes the windscreen when its hardly raining and smears it

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
All things i turned off :p

I turned the wipers off because it randomly wipes the windscreen when its hardly raining and smears it

Not to mention when I come out of my estate down a road where the sun hits you head-on...feckin wipers go. So stupid.

Auto lights are decent though.

Cornering lights I never notice until I catch my reflection in another car...and then it looks daft.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.