CR FR now lowered on Eibachs *pics inside*

k1_kid

Woah. Love the colour combo. Awesome.

Couple questions, what Eibachs springs are they, found a couple differnt sets, are they the 30/20mm drop?

And how much you pay for the roof to be vinyl'd?

FR_Flavoured

I'm thinking about taking off the Wind Deflectors on mine now (front and back)...
After a while with them on, you start wondering if they still look cool, or more 'cluttered'. lol.

From some angles they make the car look MEAN ! But from other angles looking at the car, looks a bit tack. hmmm.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
I'm thinking about taking off the Wind Deflectors on mine now (front and back)...
After a while with them on, you start wondering if they still look cool, or more 'cluttered'. lol.

From some angles they make the car look MEAN ! But from other angles looking at the car, looks a bit tack. hmmm.

To be fair to the wind deflectors, they have other uses for me, admittedly not the backs, they just complete the look.

The aerodynamics are pretty bad on leons, and when your a dirty smoker like me they help keep the ash out of the car when your flicking your cig.

Planning on stopping next week tho, cant afford it :D

FR_Flavoured

To be fair to the wind deflectors, they have other uses for me, admittedly not the backs, they just complete the look.

The aerodynamics are pretty bad on leons, and when your a dirty smoker like me they help keep the ash out of the car when your flicking your cig.

:D exactly - suppose for those that actually make use of the Deflectors properly (ie smoker), they are very useful additions. Thats another good point, perhaps when people see them on my car they immediately think "smoker" too? :)

Here's mine on Eibach Sportlines + the Wind Deflectors...

IMG_1232_2copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

advance_p&h

how does fitting the eibach spring effect the ride quality? i mean does it make it alot stiffer or is it still comfortable? ive been considering it for a while now but i dont want to lose all of the ride quality in normal driving for an inch or so in height. i have the fr 170 mk2 and as far as i know it has sport suspension already but id like it just a bit lower i think.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington

You quit yet??

advance_p&h

Its the new shape. In red with the aero sport bodykit. I have a bit too much clearance in the wheel arch n just want to tidy it up a bit

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
yeah its the first thing i do is lower it cos the clearance is 4x4 like. The FL is a lot softer set-up than the Pre, so even when you put springs on it will still be nicer than the Pre.

Its a firmer ride but not uncomfortable.

advance_p&h

Would you recommend the prolines or sportlines? I dont want to lower it too much and as far as i know the prolines offer about a 30mm drop? I have 18's on it right now too and i was worried that they might hit the arch if the conditions where right and it was lower than that.

Im sure you can tell ive not been at this very long. This is my first car so im pickin it up as i go, cheers for the advice

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
dont worry mate, i got the PD when i was only 20 and i did loads of things i shouldnt have cos i didnt have a clue, always best to ask.

If you want a comparison, have a look at my albums on my profile (just click on my name) there you will see my old PD and my new CR, the PD is on prolines and the CR is on sportlines.

Personally the sportlines look better, but i have scraped the underneath of my car a few times with them on.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.