Al

Aug 29, 2005
23112010171.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks awesome :)

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Got to say the mk1 front splitter, gloss back roof, Gloss black front bumper and MK2 cupra r diffuser looks the dogs.

Al why havnt you done this yet??? :D

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
looking at mine you would be pushing it with an extra inch, but i have Sportlines on, you could probably lower it with Prolines and be ok, but thats only a guess. have to find someone with 19" try one of the LCR lads on this site, they may have lowered it.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Not to kidnap your thread Chris, but as promised my baby now no longer has here embarrasing ride height.

Got her back from Awesome yaterday, very happy.

23112010169.jpg
[/IMG]

23112010171.jpg
[/IMG]

Got sportlines on, Neuspeed ARB, Shark De-dpf'd and a forge quick shift, all she needs now are some tints and im finished! (For Now :D)

Thats looking great. [B)]

It has retained the nose down stance that I like. I've seen a few on sportlines that look lower at the back and I don't think it suits the car.

If I could be sure of a stance like yours I'd definitely get the sportlines on mine.

Do you have any side on shots??

FR_Flavoured

DonnyBoy - I almost mistook your first picture above for my car, for at least a few seconds...
Both Black, both on Sportlines, both sporting HEKO Wind Deflectors and Silver wing mirror caps... :p
But then as I looked down, you have the full BTCC bumpers/skirts, where as mine doesn't.

I'm getting the Cupra Black wing mirror caps this week, plus front Black Grille soon too...

FWIW, my Sportlines also give the car a slight nose down stance (ie not parallel to the tarmac).
This is how front wheel drive cars SHOULD ride, for optimum weight distribution towards the front of the car, where the "driving wheels" are.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
er you do realise thats actually mine and donnyboys is white? Lol anyway i never even asked for the black cupra grille it just came with it cos they had to swap the face lift grille didnt fit with the bumper so the stealers used whatever they had in spares and i got it for free. Not too sure if i prefer it or not but makes it different i guess bet i am the only one with black grille and silver wing mirrors :)

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Thats looking great. [B)]

It has retained the nose down stance that I like. I've seen a few on sportlines that look lower at the back and I don't think it suits the car.

If I could be sure of a stance like yours I'd definitely get the sportlines on mine.

Do you have any side on shots??

24112010173.jpg
[/IMG]
24112010175.jpg
[/IMG]

Side shots as promised.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
well there are a few things in the boot and when your driving around the weight (yourself) will be in the front, which in turn should make it lower. Looking at it myself it looks pretty same both front and back, but the sportlines are supposed to be lower at the front...

Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
The springs were fitted by awesome GTi, was about £300 all in including the springs and four wheel alignment.

The splitter is just supported by self tapping screws. I fitted it myself and its rock solid with no gaps between the splitter and the bumper

I may have a go at fitting one myself after i have painted it gloss black.

Any pictures of it underneath so i can see how you fixed it?

Also what screws did you use?

Thanks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members