Cracked screen?

Jack Newman

Sep 17, 2018
I have recently noticed 2 cracks on the inside of the screen. I can't feel it on the glass. The screen hasn't had any hard bangs to cause these.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or know if it would be covered under the warranty of the car?
9b2b1cf1d8ada7cf129ed6bbcebeb575.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Too perfect to be cracks IMO. I know some people on the Polo forum have had a run of dead pixels on their screens. Looks like that to me.

Jack Newman

Sep 17, 2018
Too perfect to be cracks IMO. I know some people on the Polo forum have had a run of dead pixels on their screens. Looks like that to me.
Cheers for your help! Anyone else had the same issue?

Cerfwo

Feb 10, 2018
Nothing like that on mine. I would definitley ask for that to be replaced under warranty.

Teawithastraw

Dec 9, 2018
I think I have the same issue, I noticed a line on my screen after i bought mine (I'm the second owner). I thought it might be a dodgy video cable or something, I'm planning on getting it replaced under warranty. Let me know how you get on!

Jack Newman

Sep 17, 2018
I think I have the same issue, I noticed a line on my screen after i bought mine (I'm the second owner). I thought it might be a dodgy video cable or something, I'm planning on getting it replaced under warranty. Let me know how you get on!
Mine is booked in on the 14th. I'll let you know!

McSwanky

Apr 16, 2018
Interesting, I just noticed a vertical line down mine at the weekend. It's in pretty much the exact same position as the line on the left in the OP's picture. I'll be phoning it in shortly....

McSwanky

Apr 16, 2018
Mine is booked in on the 14th. I'll let you know!

Did you have any joy with the dealer on this one? Mine is going in for its 1st year service shortly and I'll be asking them to have a look at this as well. Would be good to know if they're accepting it as a fault and replacing under warranty.

Thanks!

Jack Newman

Sep 17, 2018
Did you have any joy with the dealer on this one? Mine is going in for its 1st year service shortly and I'll be asking them to have a look at this as well. Would be good to know if they're accepting it as a fault and replacing under warranty.

Thanks!
I took it in and they said it's getting replaced under warranty. It needs a whole new screen and it should cost £1600. Just beware that they need to order the screen so maybe go in and show them beforehand.

Reactions: McSwanky

McSwanky

Apr 16, 2018
I took it in and they said it's getting replaced under warranty. It needs a whole new screen and it should cost £1600. Just beware that they need to order the screen so maybe go in and show them beforehand.

Thanks for the info, will be helpful when I have the conversation with the dealer....

McSwanky

Apr 16, 2018

Finally got mine looked at (it had developed another line in the meantime, so matched yours!) and the dealer are replacing it under warranty too. Have you had yours done yet? Any idea how long the job took?

Jack Newman

Sep 17, 2018
Finally got mine looked at (it had developed another line in the meantime, so matched yours!) and the dealer are replacing it under warranty too. Have you had yours done yet? Any idea how long the job took?
Yep mine was done a few weeks ago. It was in the dealership for the day.

gojoego

Mar 14, 2019
A quick question here on dealership warranty repairs having never owned a new car before; Say if my new car develops a fault like this - do I have to take it back to the dealer to claim for it or can I take it to any authorised seat service centre and agree the process from there? I will likely take up the seat service plan if that helps.

Thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise