Crashed Seat Leon Mk2 - replacing airbags, etc/

Jun 24, 2022
Hi!

I wonder if anyone here can help me. Got in a bit of a tip recently, no engine damage but the airbags went off. I'm just trying to compile a list of what parts I need (there's an identical mk2 for breaking close to me that I can gut)

I'll need a bumper, bonnet, wing, headlamp, that's all fine.

What exactly do I need to replace the airbags and seatbelts? Is it just new belts, new dash/steering wheel and that's it? I know I'll also need an airbag sensor too

Thanks for any assistance you can give!

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
What age is the car? What type ok Mk2 is it? Unless it's something spectacular is it really worth repairing. You are easily looking at a couple of thousand to put right.

If the airbags have deployed the car will also need the ECU brought out of "crash mode" I belive and all the pretensioners in the seat belts etc replaced.

Jun 24, 2022
What age is the car? What type ok Mk2 is it? Unless it's something spectacular is it really worth repairing. You are easily looking at a couple of thousand to put right.

If the airbags have deployed the car will also need the ECU brought out of "crash mode" I belive and all the pretensioners in the seat belts etc replaced.
It's just a standard 1.4 petrol but it's fairly clean.

The reason I'm asking is because I can get access to a mechanically poor identical 1.6 petrol (same year and color) for quite cheap which I can gut, I'd assume it would have all the parts required.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.