creak from under the bonnet

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
scrob said:
I was speaking to a Seat mechanic, and he said pedal boxes in Ibiza's are prone to wear an tear and need replacing on occasions! He said there can be a little movement in the box itself, and the mounts give way and it in effect "falls out".

And yes, this is different to the little weld breaking on the pedal, I can assure you.

Quite a likely possibility for the creaking noise and clunky clutch operation.

Something else to investigate then, ideally I want to get it all done so it rules out the chances of anything else linked to it going wrong. Thanks for the info mate. :)

flashbsd

ok my clutch master cylinder was loose in the engine bay, thus causing loss of pressure and craking as it was moving in its bracket with every clutch operation, fluid has leaked inside and outside the car

shows you seat's technicians know what theyre talking about!

tbc

May 9, 2005
Yeah, I was actually dead impressed with the service I got (less said about what I paid for it the better though).

Did you get a quote for fixing it, or what parts will need replacing?

flashbsd

i was kinda being sarcastic but at least you got good service :D

I found the fault, after they blamed the pedal box yet again, just enxt to my brake fluid resovouir theres a tube leading into the clutch master cylinder, this and the cylinder itself was covered in brakefluid. Ok so i thought, a leak has occured, until i went inside the car and saw a wet patch of viscouis fluid, so i then decided to check the connections and bolts, took a good 8 turns with a ratchet on each bolt, there is actually spring in the pedal now!

ok it still doesnt rise back up all the way, but thats cos of the dodgy weld, but am now happy :)

Somebody said be careful about air in the system now its been leaking, but i think im good, ill keep an eye on the brake pedal pressure also.

Nothing needs replacing thank god, just a handy man (me) with athe right tools to put it back to as it should be :D

flashbsd

other than this dam pedal, i can't fault my mk3! loving every minute of ownership!

It does take some stick half the time, but other times i'm getting lorries overtakign me im going that slow :) lazyness , if only GPS could drive me too!

tbc

May 9, 2005
flashbsd said:
i was kinda being sarcastic but at least you got good service :D

Ah I thought I had posted this before, but when the mechanic at IMG took mine for a test run he said the creaking was the bracket moving, I thought that's what you'd meant.

I love my car again now, I'd still swap it for a diesel anyday though