Creaking noise from clutch!!!!!

Plazz34

Hello, it's been a while since i was last here and i had a 20VT Cupra!!!
I have a 1.4 Seat IbizaSX and for a few weeks i've noticed a creaking noise from the clutch a you press down and lift it up again.
It's got so bad i took i booked it in at my local Seat dealer.
3 days later and the car was ready for me to pick up!!!!!
When i got in i checked it a few times and all was well.
5 miles down the road.............It's back!!!!!!! If anything it's worse!!!!!
Phoned them up and was told it was normal!!!!! They said two people had gone over the clutch and found nothing.......
Then i was told the 2 demonstrator cars both did the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!
Am i going mad or what??????????????????? I've had that car for over a year with no creaking.
Anyone else had a similar problem, i'm waiting to speak to the service manager tomorrow!!!!

Pete

Triple D

when you say creaking, what d you mean? do you mean the pedal? or when you press the pedal down you can hear a noise? It could be a noisy release bearing i suppose.

gazjones

i had this on my old 1.2 sounded like a creaky door, i think they have a clutch cable on them not to sure though as you could feel the change in pressure through the pedal which you cant with a hydrolic clutch!

Triple D

iirc arnt all the petrol clutches electronic? or hydrolic? as the petrol ones are alot more heavier than the tdi's

gazjones

i dont know but feels alot different from my fr to 1.2 through the pedal
i would take it back and say its worse than before what did they do?

Plazz34

Hello again the noise is coming from the engine bay !! The clutch is hydraulic on this model, no cable!!!

Pete

sikedellic

I've had the same problem on mine, though only occasionally. I think its more likely to happen if youve been on a long drive then stop the car for a bit, least thats wen i noticed it

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.