Creaking when wet

gooner84

Ive noticed this lately as we have had fair bit of rain that there is a quite loud creaking noise coming from the back of my car usually when i stop and then pull off i dont know if its to do with the brakes or with suspension or something but it only happens when it wet weather once dry its perfectly ok again, any ideas what this could be or anyone else experienced this?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
AFAIK the water gets in the rear spring "METAL" and the cup that holds it in "RUBBER"

so it's like the noise you get if you walk over a man hole cover in the rain with trainers on, sort of a squeak

I think you can squirt some grease in and it may lube it and stop the noise, bit messy tho

or take the rear springs out, lube the top/bottom and try that

:shrug:

gooner84

Oh ok cheers i thought must be to do with either brakes or springs as it was everytime i stopped and pulled off, have you experienced this then?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
yes I have it on my FR in the wet when going over speed bumps or very bad road surfaces

not on stop/go tho, I have heard that a faulty engine mount can cause a squeak on pulling away but that is at the front

when you stop/pull away do you wait until the car has STOPPED before you use the handbrake ?

also when you pull away, do you bite the the clutch in gear and then pop the handbrake off ?

this could cause a squeak noise from the rear brakes in the wet

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
mine cupra does the same aswell, but when i go over speed bumps, hasnt happened when pulling away from what i can remember. i thought it was the rear bushes or something along those lines

gooner84

No i know its nothing to do with the handbrake, i mean when stop/pull away from traffic lights and roundabouts etc

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.