Cryo bulb thing

deedaskrh

Mar 20, 2009
St Helens
:confused:Hi,

i came across this the other day whilst on one of my pipe dreaming sesh`s on a well known internet tuning shop!

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=DEI080110

just wondering if anyone knows much about it, to me the theory seems sound however im not too sure if sticking what essentially is a big blockage in your intake pipes (be it aerodynamic lol) is a good idea.

has anyone used this? or know anyone who has?

will it affect intakes pressures/flow etc? if so would the gain in dropping the intake temp warrant it?

any advice/guidance is welcome.............however dont assume im a mechanic as im not and im fed up of gettin my head bitten off by people who want to tell me not to buy summit or the pointlessness of it! as my thread would be entitled shall i buy this.......

cheers in advance for any comebacks

Deedaskrh

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
any advice/guidance is welcome.............however dont assume im a mechanic as im not and im fed up of gettin my head bitten off by people who want to tell me not to buy summit or the pointlessness of it! as my thread would be entitled shall i buy this.......

I'm confused... Do you want us to tell you it's a crap idea or not?

deedaskrh

Mar 20, 2009
St Helens
i was asking has anyone used it? know anyone who has used it? etc etc i think its a good idea myself but i am curious to see how the thing would effect the wider aspects of the intake system!

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
2.5 or 3" OD tube, 4" long. And I think it's a "boost button" thing, press a button to get a charge of CO2 through the cooler for a brief boost in power. I doubt if it's on all the time.

On a turbocharged car, I can't see it doing anything useful at all. The turbo is compressing the inlet charge (and heating it up), completely negating any gain from charge cooling. It might make a little difference to a normally aspirated car.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
On a turbocharged car, I can't see it doing anything useful at all. The turbo is compressing the inlet charge (and heating it up), completely negating any gain from charge cooling.

I'd envisage it being fitted between intercooler and throttle body on a turocharged car.

(Don't get me wrong, I don't think it would be as effective as wmi.)

andypotts1981

Sep 25, 2009
i know some scooby boys use the cryo kits to cool the fuel down..... i think they see about 2-3bhp increase.

Don't know anyone thats used it like that though.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members