Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
CUPRA’s first all-electric model the CUPRA el-Born has been unveiled.

Based on the concept SEAT model shown last year, SEAT and CUPRA have decided that the launch of the car should now be a CUPRA model. It was not clear whether the car would still become a SEAT model in the future.

CUPRA el-Born promo video

The car accelerates from 0-31mph in 2.9s. It features Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (DCC Sport) and has A Head-up Display with Augmented Reality.

It will be able to travel up to 500km on a single charge with a 77kWh battery (gross: 82kWh). With a fast charging capability, the CUPRA el-Born will take...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
and has A Head-up Display with Augmented Reality

Should I read that as "big tablet" or...

1594220539735.png

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I like the seats, and erm, erm, I’m struggling.
Not for me this one I’m afraid.
Can’t help thinking that front A pillar/ window design looks a bit like a Citroen Picasso.

UnrepentantN00b

Nov 4, 2015
I'm not a fan of the new Leon although I'm yet to see one in the flesh and I was looking elsewhere.
The dream next car would be a Tesla Model 3 for the looks, tech and acceleration. But my wallet doesn't agree with that.

Then there's this... I'm not quite sold on the looks, but I do want to go electric and it is smaller... The price would have to beat a Tesla whilst keeping Cupra performance.

For comparison with the 0-31 time I guess, can't speak for the accuracy.

http://accelerationtimes.com/models/seat-leon-cupra-280-dsg

Reactions: Syphon

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
That name though, sounds like a taco commercial. :D

I'm not a fan of the new Leon although I'm yet to see one in the flesh and I was looking elsewhere.
The dream next car would be a Tesla Model 3 for the looks, tech and acceleration. But my wallet doesn't agree with that.

Then there's this... I'm not quite sold on the looks, but I do want to go electric and it is smaller... The price would have to beat a Tesla whilst keeping Cupra performance.

0-31 in 2.9s is pretty quick and good enough for most. I don't know what the average petrol car does but my Cupra ST did a dragy GPS verified 0-30 in 1.46s. Can't remember what it did stock but according to that site it's 1.9s, sounds about right.

Screenshot_20200710-161258.jpg

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)

Saw the new Leon at my dealer when the 280 was in for service and MOT. It was in FR trim and looked not bad, even though I'm a 3 door lover, so I think the Cupra version should look pretty good, but I only want the petrol version.

UnrepentantN00b

Nov 4, 2015
Saw the new Leon at my dealer when the 280 was in for service and MOT. It was in FR trim and looked not bad, even though I'm a 3 door lover, so I think the Cupra version should look pretty good, but I only want the petrol version.

I don't like the nose/front of the new Leon, although I do think it suits the Estate.

To bring it back to the thread topic.

I'm not sold on the looks of the 'el-born', it is in that territory of looking looking different to exaggerate that's it's electric. But... then when a car design is 'ported' to make it electric there's compromises or unnecessary legacy design.

I don't think I'd be interested in a hybrid, its all or nothing. It's not about the savings or the environment, it's about what's looks cool and brings a smile.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I’ve just realised, it looks pretty much the same as the VW id3.
Suppose they’ll both share same chassis and tech etc.
It does look like the same body from what I remember seeing the VW

C_ED_99

Jan 27, 2010
its 2.9 0-31 actually
Does it not get to 60mph :eek:

So at 2.9 sec it's 0.4 sec slower than a Leon Cupra 280 to 31 mph.

The M3P is 1.4 sec and the M3 is 2.0 sec for comparison 0-31 mph

C_ED_99

Jan 27, 2010
looks ok, but i am afraid to ask about the price.
Probably similar to the ID.3. In the UK, pricing for the ID3 First Edition is set to start from just under £39,000. Though that is for the smaller the mid-size 58kWh battery rather than the El Born's 77kWh battery.

The El Born's 0 to 62 miles per hour is an estimated 6.5 seconds btw (201 bhp)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.