Cupra 280 3dr(or any other mk3 leon) - manageable with kids?

b8er1234

Aug 29, 2012
Kent
Ive got my eyes on 2 cupras at the moment. One being a 3dr and the other a 5dr.

Does anyone on here have any experiences of getting kids into the back? i.e. is it a pain in the arse?

I have a 4 year old, he uses a car seat which uses the cars seatbelt which he can put on and undo himself so cant really see a 3dr car being much of an issue here but wanted to hear of peoples experiences. If anyone has any pics of the car with the front seats forward that would be great.

Cheers
Jamie

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
the only issue will be when parked in car parks with tiny spaces. 3 door, the doors open quite wide.

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
Depends if you're planning on having any more sprogs ;)!

I would think a 3-door would be a pita with a baby, but probably fine with a young 'un. My neighbour has a baby and a 4-year old, and has a 5-door 290. He's ok with his, loves it. Not heard him say it's cramped.

I've got a 5-year old, a 7-year old and a dog. I wouldn't consider anything other than the ST as I can still take them all and their bikes to the park. Horses for courses, as they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
I have an SC and a 6yr old (booster seat) and 2 year old (isofix car seat) I manage just fine although as pointed out above I make sure I give myself as much room as possible given that the doors are longer and heavier

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.