Cupra 290 Exhaust Mods

Nov 22, 2023
UK
Hello, just bought myself a 2019 Leon Cupra 290. Amongst other modifications I plan on doing I first want to get it sounding the part, want to keep it road legal though.

I am already planning on doing a res delete with the VAGsport res delete pipe. Is there any other easy and fairly cheap modifications I can do to make the car louder/sound better.

I had thought the resonator delete would have been enough but have since heard otherwise.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I have a res delete on my Leon Cupra 280. It had 2 resonators and a back box. It now only has the back box. You could take the back box off too to make it even louder. In my opinion the res delete is perfect. Quiet in Comfort, and pops n bangs and loud DSG farts in Cupra/Individual etc. Cold starts in comfort even sound good now.

Nov 22, 2023
UK
I have a res delete on my Leon Cupra 280. It had 2 resonators and a back box. It now only has the back box. You could take the back box off too to make it even louder. In my opinion the res delete is perfect. Quiet in Comfort, and pops n bangs and loud DSG farts in Cupra/Individual etc. Cold starts in comfort even sound good now.
Sounds perfect for what I’m looking for, thanks.
I’m booked in to have a custom res delete in a few weeks, wouldn’t happen to know if I have 2 resonators? I ain’t got a clue

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I think you have 1, and possibly a GPF. Have a look here: