Cupra 290 MPG

Brad611

Sep 26, 2018
Hi, i have just picked up my cupra 290. What kind of MPG are people getting. It will be drove nicely through the week as i have a van and it will jist be mrs drivibg round town taking my little girl to nursery etc but i will give it some on weekend. Has anyone noticed a difference with comfort and having the engine in ECO mode? Cheers

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Hi, i have just picked up my cupra 290. What kind of MPG are people getting. It will be drove nicely through the week as i have a van and it will jist be mrs drivibg round town taking my little girl to nursery etc but i will give it some on weekend. Has anyone noticed a difference with comfort and having the engine in ECO mode? Cheers

My Cupra 300 MPG as of right now, if its any use?

Mix of mainly short(ish) town driving and commute to/from work with the odd bit of motorway. I have mine in Cupra mode all the time, with the DSG box set to D...

I've had returns of 44mpg on longer motorway trips

89a933fe36cfe551d9e6db1e5f21d1bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

ECO is pants. Keep it in Comfort mode as a minimum. Can’t drive my Cupra 300 in ECO at all. Comfort is good for pottering but other than that I just put the DSG into Sport and the car turns wild.

Mpg varies from 33-37 in comfort and low 20’s in Sport/Cupra.

If you’re worried about Mpg go and swap the 290 for a 1.4 ACT FR.

Just my opinion.

Brad611

Sep 26, 2018
My Cupra 300 MPG as of right now, if its any use?

Mix of mainly short(ish) town driving and commute to/from work with the odd bit of motorway. I have mine in Cupra mode all the time, with the DSG box set to D...

I've had returns of 44mpg on longer motorway trips

89a933fe36cfe551d9e6db1e5f21d1bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers mate

Brad611

Sep 26, 2018
ECO is pants. Keep it in Comfort mode as a minimum. Can’t drive my Cupra 300 in ECO at all. Comfort is good for pottering but other than that I just put the DSG into Sport and the car turns wild.

Mpg varies from 33-37 in comfort and low 20’s in Sport/Cupra.

If you’re worried about Mpg go and swap the 290 for a 1.4 ACT FR.

Just my opinion.
Cheers pal and definatley not swapping i have just swapped a leon st 1.6tdi tech pack so just wondering what kind of mpg i would get in the different driving modes in my Cupra

Reactions: Maypack

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
I work week on week off. So sensible for my week at work fun on my week off. If i sit at 60 on a dual carriageway I get 40-42 mpg on a 35 mile trip. Mix of single and dual carriageway. Weeks off tend to be between 20-30 mpg lol

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
I got 32 on mainly country roads over 33 miles the other day, long term (since I collected it 10 days ago) is 25.8.... let’s just say I’m enjoying it a little too much at the mo lol
First tank of fuel lasted a week and about 270 miles :D

Veyron_fan

Oct 28, 2018
I got 32 on mainly country roads over 33 miles the other day, long term (since I collected it 10 days ago) is 25.8.... let’s just say I’m enjoying it a little too much at the mo lol

I can beat that, 1st tank of fuel lasted 5 days and 230 miles lol. I do drive to work and back everyday in literal start stop traffic though so average mpg is ruined as a result. The rare time I get a clean run to work I get 35mpg easy. Starting to wonder if the start stop engine thing is actually using more fuel than it saves lol

Reactions: AshCupra300

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Im still enjoying the map on my 280 but Still getting around 40mpg going to work in eco 35 miles each way. All a roads mix of single and dual carriageway. I work week on week off though and my week off she sits in cupra all the time and gets about 25mpg but boy is she fun lol
I can beat that, 1st tank of fuel lasted 5 days and 230 miles lol. I do drive to work and back everyday in literal start stop traffic though so average mpg is ruined as a result. The rare time I get a clean run to work I get 35mpg easy. Starting to wonder if the start stop engine thing is actually using more fuel than it saves lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: xyz

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales

Brill, my first tank of fuel lasted about 265 miles which was also 5 days lol
Since my last refuel I have averaged 29mpg but I am always in Cupra mode in D, long term is up to 26.3 :rocker:

Last edited:

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
thats decent going! i bet you had a blast burning all that fuel

Reactions: AshCupra300
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.