Cupra 290 stage 1

NuTrippy

Feb 12, 2020
Why would you want a GPF delete? Wouldn't the gains, if any, be minimal?
I didn’t get the gpf delete for gains, just so my car breath properly again. Plus I cba with any issue regarding build up like dpf filters. No filter no issues

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
I didn’t get the gpf delete for gains, just so my car breath properly again. Plus I cba with any issue regarding build up like dpf filters. No filter no issues
Yeah, im considering changing to a milltek dp and gpf delete. Just abit worried about MOT and if revo software will work properly

Reactions: NuTrippy

NuTrippy

Feb 12, 2020
Yeah, im considering changing to a milltek dp and gpf delete. Just abit worried about MOT and if revo software will work properly
Yeh I know what you’re saying about MOT tbh I did mention how would it affect my MOT. He said there isn’t anything out for gpf atm that would fail it’s MOT plus I’m sure he coded it so it still has the same emissions. As with the GPF filter in. Time will soon tell!

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
so i took it to SA Tuning, they basically take the filter out the middle, de code it so it doesn’t flag engine management light, honestly can’t even tell it’s been tapered with. Such a neat Job. I have a video o. It but it doesn’t let you upload video? Or am I missing something?

So I found out after watching a few video on YouTube. here check

LOL @ the car will now "mince" down the road. Is that an Audi thing?

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019

Sam Lever

Dec 19, 2018
Hi Guys, bit late to the party.....but looking at getting centre box delete at the minimum and then considering the stage 1 as well? Just worried that the front wheels will struggle for grip with the extra power/torque? What have your experiences of it been?

NuTrippy

Feb 12, 2020
Hi Guys, bit late to the party.....but looking at getting centre box delete at the minimum and then considering the stage 1 as well? Just worried that the front wheels will struggle for grip with the extra power/torque? What have your experiences of it been?

tbh it’s a lot more torque and you can deffo feel it more with the torque steer! The wheel hop is slightly more as exapected but was looking to follow up on someone’s advice about getting a dog bone mount to reduce wheel hop?

Reactions: Butty

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
Finally took the plunge and got a Revo tune (mode 3 100 RON) in a car with less than 3000km, that's a new record for me for fastest tune after purchase. :bleh:
The car totally transformed, +90 plus hp just with stage 1. So far all I can say is that it's totally worth it.

So, yesterday took it for a couple of runs to see the power gains as the gauges have been re calibrated to show the increased power. The dealer also said that after re calibration the gauge now shows the actual power, so maybe a dyno isn't worth the trouble.

In this video max kw is 279 that's about 379 hp, in a previous run I saw 282kw ~383hp but unfortunately I couldn't get it on video (I base my calculations on the advertised stock power numbers 290hp=213kw).

Last edited:

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
Finally took the plunge and got a Revo tune (mode 3 100 RON) in a car with less than 3000km, that's a new record for me for fastest tune after purchase. :bleh:
The car totally transformed, +90 plus hp just with stage 1. So far all I can say is that it's totally worth it.

So, yesterday took it for a couple of runs to see the power gains as the gauges have been re calibrated to show the increased power. The dealer also said that after re calibration the gauge now shows the actual power, so maybe a dyno isn't worth the trouble.

In this video max kw is 279 that's about 379 hp, in a previous run I saw 282kw ~383hp but unfortunately I couldn't get it on video (I base my calculations on the advertised stock power numbers 290hp=213kw).

How can I get the power meter recalibrated in the UK? I have a Revo stage 1 but the power guage still only goes to 209 kW (280 hp). I presume the gauge figure is a function of engine load (grams/sec)? Is it something that OBDeleven can do?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bouloama

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
How can I get the power meter recalibrated in the UK? I have a Revo stage 1 but the power guage still only goes to 209 kW (280 hp). I presume the gauge figure is a function of engine load (grams/sec)? Is it something that OBDeleven can do?
Also happy to understand how we can recalibrate the gauge?

Sorry guys no idea, as far as I know it came with the tune. :shrug:I didn't ask for it specifically. Tbh I can't understand why you don't have it. Maybe a call to Revo is it order?

Robster83

Feb 27, 2019
Gothenburg Sweden
Here is a blogpost about (a lot and) the re-calibrated gauges, this may be a gpf only thing?
https://www.onlyrevo.com/blog/all-new-gpf-stage-1-software-for-2-0t-ea888-gen-3-is38/

My guess is that they have changed something in the ECU so that the car show the new numbers, however I think that all cars with this software will show the same new value which probably isn't a true representation of actual KW.
All stock cars show the same value for max power, but when you put different cars on the dyno there will be 10-15ish hp performance difference depending on if you are lucky or not.
I'm afraid that the only way to know how many KW's you have in your car is to visit a dyno.

That being said, congrats on the stage 1, it really makes a massive difference and KW is just a number, smiles/kilometers is what counts!

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
The max value do change from every pull, so its not a fixad value. But dont think thats accurate, if so I have 400+hp in mine :cop: lol

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
Here is a blogpost about (a lot and) the re-calibrated gauges, this may be a gpf only thing?
https://www.onlyrevo.com/blog/all-new-gpf-stage-1-software-for-2-0t-ea888-gen-3-is38/

My guess is that they have changed something in the ECU so that the car show the new numbers, however I think that all cars with this software will show the same new value which probably isn't a true representation of actual KW.
All stock cars show the same value for max power, but when you put different cars on the dyno there will be 10-15ish hp performance difference depending on if you are lucky or not.
I'm afraid that the only way to know how many KW's you have in your car is to visit a dyno.

That being said, congrats on the stage 1, it really makes a massive difference and KW is just a number, smiles/kilometers is what counts!
The REVO webpage only mentions raising the default gauge values, not adjusting the calculation formula, so i'm not surprised that gauge figures could be optimistic.
I had good correlation of data logged engine loading (grams/sec) vs dyno vs Ecutek power measurement when tuning Subarus many years ago.
The same principle may be applicable with the Cupra but the gauge power calculation coding would need to be cracked to ensure that it is displaying a more representative figure.

Reactions: queen

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
Sorry guys no idea, as far as I know it came with the tune. :shrug:I didn't ask for it specifically. Tbh I can't understand why you don't have it. Maybe a call to Revo is it order?
Your car is a GPF model?

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
I sent an email asking revo to explain how they calculate the new numbers, they haven't answered yet. Meanwhile, I'm thinking since readings do change over different weather conditions then the formula has to be dynamic. To give you an example in one run at noon temp ~32‎°C it didn't read as much as in the video above that was recorded on a much cooler night.
Yes I think I'll visit a dyno at some point, probably after installing the intake and turbo elbow.
Yes, smiles is what really counts. Thank you!

The max value do change from every pull, so its not a fixad value. But dont think thats accurate, if so I have 400+hp in mine :cop: lol
What KW is yours showing? What mods?

Your car is a GPF model?
Yes.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise