Cupra 290BE Bucket seat white trim cracked!

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
I love the look of the white strips but after 4 weeks mine have already begun to crease. I can only think of perhaps using something to soften the material, like a moisturiser almost, to stop it splitting altogether.

russmiuk

Dec 2, 2004
I have a 7 month old Black Edition with just under 7k on the clock and mine split today. Are these being replace under warranty? My car is on lease so don't want to be hit with the cost.

Pynzeta

Jul 17, 2017
I have a 7 month old Black Edition with just under 7k on the clock and mine split today. Are these being replace under warranty? My car is on lease so don't want to be hit with the cost.

Under warranty for me, but....better Look for a dealer with some skills...

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Did they just replace the seat covering? I'm waiting for my dealer still......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pynzeta

Jul 17, 2017
In my case goes for the third time that disassembles the seat and every time it mounts worse ...first two times only upholstery, now foam too...

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
Hi everyone I spotted the same thing last week and got pictures off to the dealer sharpish. I've had mine since mid December (2016) and it's done just over 4k miles. Not great really (the rest of the car is awesome though). Mine looks pretty much the same as others have posted, the seats crease in just that spot and the rest is fine! I haven't heard anything from the dealer yet (it will be a week since tomorrow) so I'll follow it up as I don't think I should be taking a hit for this when my PCH finishes, especially when there are multiple reports from the same sort of time period. Fingers crossed they choose to acknowledge this.
8a3b407e9750022b55336a189d8189eb.jpg

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
Had mine replaced free of charge by the dealer for this issue, I said id be back when it happens again as it defo will!

I will just add I did this through seat ensure that then booked me into the seat garage in Sidcup WJ King

Last edited:

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
My dealer has just ordered a new seat cover!!
Must say I am slightly concerned on how well they will fit as Technicians are not upholsterers.....

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
I presume the 300 buckets are just the same or is there an argument to be had that they replace these ones with 300 ones?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
My dealer has just ordered a new seat cover!!
Must say I am slightly concerned on how well they will fit as Technicians are not upholsterers.....

Mine looks decent, cant even tell its been messed with, apart from the split has gone. They had my car from half 8 in the morning and it was ready at 2pm

Last edited:

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Good to know. I do wonder if the 300 seats will go the same way?????
Doubt VW have these issues.....

Barsider

Aug 24, 2017
Had exactly the same happen to mine. Took it to my local dealer who photographed it and some with technical dept and message came back that it must have been caused by an external influence!

Has anyone else got to this point? Any idea whats the best way forward now? Surely the amount that have been reported by members of this forum must mean that SEAT register it as a known fault?

Kurtje

Mar 22, 2015
Beringen, Belgium
My Cupra is +- 2years and my driver seat is also cracked :(

Seat says they can't change it under warranty :( I got the same answer as barsider

Here is a picture of my seat:

vjksdyvuxcn5s.jpg

Last edited:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Yeah... This is going to be a strength in numbers case which you need to share together. List of people, cars, ages and photos and outcomes. It's harder to ignore repetitive defects but they try to keep you as an individual "isolated" case as this typically has the best outcome for the producer.

Pynzeta

Jul 17, 2017
Yeah... This is going to be a strength in numbers case which you need to share together. List of people, cars, ages and photos and outcomes. It's harder to ignore repetitive defects but they try to keep you as an individual "isolated" case as this typically has the best outcome for the producer.

Totally agree

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
Hello all, Does anyone have the details of seat customer services UK they can post on here?? Its not looking like much progress is being made on this.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Barsider

Aug 24, 2017
Agree that we need strength in numbers here. I received notification yesterday that SEAT UK won't overturn their technical departments decision and they it must have been caused by an external influence.

Anyone got any bright ideas where we can go from here?

Pynzeta

Jul 17, 2017
for now a lot of elapsed time and according to seat there is not foam available ...:wtf:

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.