Cupra 300 depreciation, when to sell?

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
It has, It was raised for a transport request last Wednesday so should be in the country before the end of February. Interesting to note though, SEAT Uk are refereing to it as a fleet vehicle. Is that the same case as yours?

Struck me as odd since the car is a PCP and not ordered through work or anything. Wondered if that was a fudge in paperwork allowing Forces Cars to buy at lower prices...

Edit: just read on FCD website that they register cars themselves rather than the dealer doing it.
Could have been the case. I had to change the registration details with SEAT from FCD to my details. V5 was correct and my details but for warranty purposes SEAT had FCD as the owner. Easily changed with a single phone call though. I'm the 1st owner on the V5 which is all that matters to me. I only found out FCD were down as the owner with SEAT because I checked to see if my 5 year warranty was active.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
No idea, quick release stock maybe? I imagine we wont see new Cupras on the roads until late summer. Or maybe they have changed what kit comes with the two cars as standard again?

Edit: Lux was £22750 when I ordered in September
The new mk4 cupra more like 12-24 months after the normal leon maybe longer

Reactions: SRGTD

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
No idea, quick release stock maybe? I imagine we wont see new Cupras on the roads until late summer. Or maybe they have changed what kit comes with the two cars as standard again?

Edit: Lux was £22750 when I ordered in September

The new mk4 cupra more like 12-24 months after the normal leon maybe longer

If the timescales for Seat launching their performance models works the same as VW’s (non performance models first, and then performance models a few months later) then I’d expect it to be much later than the Summer before seeing the new mk4 Cupra Leon on the roads.

With VW and the new mk8 Golf, non performance model launch was Oct 2019. Official preview of the GTI is scheduled for this coming March at the Geneva Motor Show. If UK order books for the GTI open in April/May, based on the experience of the mk7 Golf GTI, customers were typically waiting 6-8 months (some waited longer) for their cars to be delivered, it’s unlikely we’ll see mk8 Golf GTI’s on the road until the very end of 2020.

So if similar timescales apply to the mk4 Leon and Cupra Leon, agree with @BigJase88, it’s more likely to be next year before we see mk4 Cupra Leon’s on UK roads.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
New model looks boring on top of Brexit. The leaked photos are underwhelming.
100% agree. When I first saw these photos (posted on the mk4 forum board), the front profile one made me think Ford Focus.

I really think that both VW and Seat have dropped the ball with the design of the mk8 Golf and mk4 Leon; IMO the outgoing models look better than the new models. Maybe it’s just because they’re new and it’ll take time to get used to the new design, but three months after the reveal of the mk8 Golf, I’m still not a fan of its looks, with its Wallace (from Wallace and Gromt) shaped mouth for the lower grille, and odd looking headlamps. I’m also not a fan of touchscreens instead of buttons, switches and knobs for regularly used functions, such as adjusting heating/ventilation, switching lights on and off. In daily use, IMO they’re more difficult to use while driving, so are likely to be distraction if it becomes necessary to divert your eyes away from the road ahead to find and use a particular function on a touchscreen; much easier to find a conventional heating control through touch alone. From earlier interior spy shots of the new Leon’s interior, it looked as if Seat are adoption the VAG family approach to switchless interiors too.

No doubt both the new Golf and Leon will sell well, but I think that the designers at VW and Seat did a much better job with the Polo and Ibiza, which also still have conventional interior controls for regularly used functions - that’ll probably change when they receive their mid-life facelift though!

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
100% agree. When I first saw these photos (posted on the mk4 forum board), the front profile one made me think Ford Focus.

I really think that both VW and Seat have dropped the ball with the design of the mk8 Golf and mk4 Leon; IMO the outgoing models look better than the new models. Maybe it’s just because they’re new and it’ll take time to get used to the new design, but three months after the reveal of the mk8 Golf, I’m still not a fan of its looks, with its Wallace (from Wallace and Gromt) shaped mouth for the lower grille, and odd looking headlamps. I’m also not a fan of touchscreens instead of buttons, switches and knobs for regularly used functions, such as adjusting heating/ventilation, switching lights on and off. In daily use, IMO they’re more difficult to use while driving, so are likely to be distraction if it becomes necessary to divert your eyes away from the road ahead to find and use a particular function on a touchscreen; much easier to find a conventional heating control through touch alone. From earlier interior spy shots of the new Leon’s interior, it looked as if Seat are adoption the VAG family approach to switchless interiors too.

No doubt both the new Golf and Leon will sell well, but I think that the designers at VW and Seat did a much better job with the Polo and Ibiza, which also still have conventional interior controls for regularly used functions - that’ll probably change when they receive their mid-life facelift though!
My friends Volvo XC60 has touch screen everything and it is HUGE PITA to change anythign whilst driving. And its obvious in their lack of control when trying to change the air conditioning settings.

As for the design. It looks crap, end of... I was interested in the new headlights, but other than that the rest of the design looks like a fat fish. I think it is something to do with new regulations making cars safer for pedestrians, presumably to account for the increase in accidents as a result of mroe distracted drivers trying to turn their heated seat off.

Reactions: Kirky

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I thought that the new Leon was going to look a bit like a previous "dumbed down Mazda 3" or a very old similarly dumbed down GM Astra - which maybe is exactly what it will look like!

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
My buddy looked at same model car today and was ready to pay 20,500 for it.
Sadly it has a couple of things wrong he didn’t like the look of.
Think you should sel privately if poss.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

silles

May 4, 2017
My buddy looked at same model car today and was ready to pay 20,500 for it.
Sadly it has a couple of things wrong he didn’t like the look of.
Think you should sel privately if poss.

I found a possible replacement for it, pm me if your buddy want to check my Cupra.

silles

May 4, 2017
I’ll ask.
Anywhere there are photos and spec?
Colour?
Where abouts are you based? We are Heathrow ish.

Not yet. Need to wash it and take some photos, but here are some old(er) photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PatkPoU4xqjKLPyj8

It's a 2018 (Apr) Seat Leon Cupra 5 door, 6 DSG, hatchback. Mystery blue
- 1 owner. no outstanding finance on the car
- 10600 miles, mostly used for weekend to get out of London and go camping/hiking, in Wales, PeakD or have a blast in the South downs, etc
- Recently has been serviced by Seat
- Still has 1+ year warranty left
- Engine properly broken in, followed manufacturer recommendation, for first 1000 miles.
- I'm in West London, Fulham.

Condition is almost as new
- car has no dings, dents or and major un-polishable scratches.

And some imperfections:
- has 1 or 2 stone chips, but it has been touched up.
- All the alloys are almost mint, there is one with a very small mark on it. 1cm, probably a stone chip :(
- Tires still have 5mm front, 6mm rear left.

I showed it around the weekend to get some evaluations and it hasnt been marked down for any of the above imperfections.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparkie
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.